Land Surveying, or Topographical Surveying, is the critical first stage of any building or engineering project. A Land Surveyor determines the position of any feature and landform within a specified area. At 40Seven, we use a variety of methods and technology to carry out topographical surveys.
Our aspiration is to be the UK’s number one surveying company. We have over 20 years’ experience working in the industry and having recently put plans into action to achieve our aim, we are currently experiencing unprecedented growth, particularly within the south of England.
We have an excellent and comprehensive training programme for new surveyors which will see you becoming a fully trained and qualified surveyor within 12 months of starting your training programme with us. Our training programme is hands on, so from your first week, you will be out onsite with your mentor. We also provide external training via The Survey Association leading to a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Surveying.
We are therefore looking for someone who really wants to learn this profession. Our successful candidate doesn’t need any particular work history or background; we are willing to train people who are looking for a career change or who are looking for their first job. If you do have previous experience or knowledge of the industry – that would be a great advantage. The following personal attributes are essential:
- A methodical, detailed oriented and thorough approach to work
- A good understanding of Maths (ideally above a C at GCSE level or equivalent) and experience of using mathematics in the workplace
- An interest in geography
- A natural desire to work outdoors, in any weather, in a variety of locations across the country
- A full driving licence
Our successful candidate must be able to work away from home during the week and must be available to carry out night or evening shifts as and when required.
This role offers a huge amount of variety in working locations and type of work. The role is mostly site based but you will be expected to visit our office in Leeds around once per week, to carry out post processing work, attend internal meetings, training sessions and catch ups.
Benefits: We have a host of great employee benefits including, but not limited to –
- Starting salary of £19,380 with structured progression
- Enhanced employer contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced life assurance scheme
- Favourable absence pay scheme
- Salary sacrifice cycle scheme
- Gym and shopping discounts
- Up to 25 days holiday per year
- Introduce a friend bonus scheme
- Celebrating success awards (given out when people do something great – which happens a lot)
As well as the above, we will provide you with support and encouragement to learn and develop to truly reach your potential - a third of our current surveyors have, or are currently working through our training programme.
This role will commence in January 2020.
To apply, please forward your CV to our[email removed] email address, along with a covering letter outlining why you want to start a career as a Land Surveyor.