Are you committed to a career in economic development?
Would you like to support clients to realise their economic inclusion and growth ambitions?
Do you want a role with variety in a business that gives you the opportunity to grow?
If so, ekosgen have the role for you!
ekosgen is one of the UK’s leading independent economic consultancy firms providing advice to public and private sector clients. We provide economic and social insight to help our clients make better decisions and have a positive impact on people, places and the economy.
Our work includes:
- Strategy development
- Project and programme evaluaton
- Preparation of business cases and funding applications
- Economic appraisal and impact assessment
- Socio-economic baselining
We have a team of consultants serving clients across the UK from our Sheffield, Manchester and Glasgow offices.
We have vacancies in our Sheffield and Manchester offices for committed, enthusiastic and capable individuals to join our team. You will play a central role within our consultant team working on a wide variety of economic development related commissions.
As a consultant, your workload will always be changing to reflect new local and national priorities and the needs of our individual clients but you will work on a wide range of economic issues including employment, skills, innovation, business growth, land and premises, culture and leisure. Depending on your experience, the role will include:
- Carrying out desk research using a variety of official data sources and the internet.
- Manipulating, analysing and presenting study data in a range of formats.
- Carrying out study fieldwork including research interviews (face-to-face and by telephone as well as administering online surveys) and supporting focus groups.
- Providing written input to high quality reports.
What have we been working on?
Our team works on high profile commissions across the country to both develop and evaluate economic development initiatives.
What are we looking for?
With a good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) and ideally a postgraduate degree in economics, social geography or similar, we need someone who is flexible, a team player, self-motivated, great at multi-tasking and who exhibits professionalism, even when under pressure. Strengths in statistical work, including analysing and presenting quantitative data are a must as are good organisational skills, and excellent writing and IT skills. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in the economic development sector.
What do we offer in return?
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including:
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Performance Related Bonus
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives such as a cycle to work scheme and travel pass funding
- A positive and supportive work culture where people are assisted to realise their full potential (including a personal performance and career management system and training)
- A Staff Wellbeing Package which includes allowances for dental and optical care, a GP helpline and subsidised gym membership
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, religion, age or sexuality.
How do I apply?
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for ekosgen and details of your salary expectations for the role to[email removed]