We are looking for a Graduate Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineer who would like to join an established team to work on a variety of projects.
- Visiting sites to carry out trial pitting, soakaway testing, supervising borehole investigations, verification of capping etc.
- Supervision of construction works which may include inspecting foundations, drilling and grouting of mine workings, earthworks or remediation of contaminated sites.
- Preparing Phase 1 and 2 geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation reports.
- Preparing coal mining risk assessments, earthworks strategies, verification reports etc.
- Liaising with clients, regulators, site staff and other staff within the company.
- Advising on geotechnical parameters for foundation design, slope stability etc.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative risk assessments.
Please note that a full driving licence is essential. The candidate must have a car for work purposes to which appropriate mileage will be paid to accommodate maintenance costs.
The team of fourteen Geotechnical and Geo-environmental professionals has a wide range of experience, from fresh graduates to 40 years in the industry, and is led by a Director and two Associates who adopt a hands-on approach. The team prides itself on being friendly, supportive and promoting a learning environment to progress all of its members, which provides excellent internal career progression. Finally, the team prides itself on the ability to work together to deliver timely and effective consultancy services to a wide range of different clients within the construction industry and are looking for a similar enthusiastic individual to join them.
We work on a variety of projects ranging from Commercial and Retail, High Rise and Low Rise Housing Developments and Public Buildings. Some of our most recent projects have been with the University of Sheffield, Sheffield Children’s Hospital, Tata Steel, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United, alongside many of the major house builders. We pride ourselves on longstanding relationships with many of our clients who enjoy our personal and reactive service.
We encourage an open plan, open door office culture exposing staff to a variety of projects and offering an engaging and rewarding working environment. We are client focused, reactive and work hard at Eastwood & Partners. We work as a team, talk to one another, discuss ideas and most importantly deliver creative solutions for our established client base.
Sheffield is a popular vibrant city and is home to over half a million people, including more than 60,000 students. The city is bordering the beautiful Peak District National Park. Eastwood & Partners’ office is nestled in the leafy south west of the city which is a 5 minute walk from Ecclesall Road, known for its vast range of restaurants, bars, cafés, shops and boutiques, with the Botanical Gardens and Endcliffe Park nearby.