About the role
In this role you will analyse team performance against KPIs through collection and dissemination of weekly and monthly Management Information and other monthly reporting. You will also provide regular analysis of datasets for use by colleagues in our international trade team, who support thousands of clients across Yorkshire and Humber to grow their exports. This role will also involve:
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Supporting colleagues by providing analysis of datasets to enable proactive follow up of leads utilising external databases where appropriate;
- Supporting insight and intelligence activity through analysis of research findings and ad-hoc internal data collection;
- Supporting the activities of the international trade team through data mining and analysis, providing identification of targeted and de-duplicated lists for lead generation;
- Maximising the use of various data sources whilst being aware of data protection, data security and compliance with data and auditing requirements.
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level or equivalent and has experience of manipulating and presenting large databases. The ideal candidate will have experience in interpreting statistics and have a strong understanding and ability to make best use of scripting and programming skills such as SQL and Python or R languages to help improve operational efficiency. They will also demonstrate:
- Experience in monitoring and interpreting information against pre-agreed processes including de-duplication of datasets;
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning algorithms such as Naïve Bayes, Decision Forest would be beneficial;
- Experience of data visualisation using tools such as Power BI or equivalent would be beneficial;
- Understanding of natural language processing techniques, including bag of words and TF IDF to assist with production of marketing campaign lists would be beneficial;
- Strong attention to detail.
What we offer
This is a permanent, full-time role based in our Barnsley office although we are currently continuing to work remotely due to Covid-19. You may be required to travel to our Barnsley office once our current restrictions on office working are lifted.
- The salary of up to £25,000 for the right candidate;
- Broadband allowance;
- A generous, up to 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme (conditional upon being enrolled and remaining in the scheme for the duration of employment);
- Ill-health income protection (conditional upon meeting the scheme rules);
- Life assurance (Death in Service) scheme underwritten under the pension scheme regulations (conditional upon meeting the scheme rules);
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years’ service, pro rata for part time);
- A modern, open space and technology enabled working environment;
- Free car parking onsite;
- A flexible and supportive working culture including access to mental health first aiders;
- Wellbeing programme for employees including access to discounts, workshops, health screening, employee assistance programme, Doctorline and more;
- A range of flexible benefits including holiday-buy scheme, eye care vouchers, annual flu vaccination and a cycle-to-work scheme.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and value diversity in our workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Enterprise Growth Solutions Limited (EGSL) delivers the trade services for the Department for International Trade in Yorkshire and the Humber. EGSL is a subsidiary of the Exemplas Group, one of the UK’s foremost business support organisations with nearly 200 employees across a number of locations. As a business we recognise that giving a superior service to our clients depends on making the most of our people and we aim to give our teams challenging opportunities, recognition for achievement, job enrichment and the maximum flexibility we can.
The fine print
- Please note this role is subject to mandatory Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment screening comprising verification of identity, nationality and immigration status, confirmation of 3 years minimum employment history and/or other activity, and third-party verification of unspent convictions.
- Please note we are not a Home Office visa sponsorship licence holder and therefore you must be currently eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
- Please read our recruitment privacy notice on the Exemplas website for information about how we process your personal data.