Account Executive/Trainee Proofreader - Batley
Design Portfolio is a team of more than 60 communication specialists. We are strategic advisors, creative thinkers, technology innovators and compelling storytellers. We are trusted partners to our clients. We help companies of all sizes and at all stages of growth to see themselves clearly, so they can tell their unique story effectively to their stakeholders. We advise on strategic direction, create persuasive narratives and memorable brands, and ensure that each client’s story is told consistently through:
• Corporate reporting
• Corporate websites
• Investor presentations
• Video and multimedia
• Internal communications
Design Portfolio is seeking an enthusiastic and bright-minded person to join our growing team, with a can-do attitude, a strong focus on customer service and an excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will initially work within the proofreading department on a six-month secondment as a Trainee Proofreader, to develop the required core proofing skills and hone accuracy and attention to detail, before moving to an Account Executive role within the client services team.
As a secondary point of contact to our clients, the Account Executive helps manage designated projects on a day-to-day basis, providing support to our client services team to ensure the smooth production of our projects.
Your main responsibilities would be to:
• assist the client services team in the administration, production and mailing of client projects;
• update timetables in line with key project milestones, developing an understanding of timetables in order to assist with the scheduling, resource planning and management of projects;
• monitor and update project administration and support the client services team with ad hoc admin requests;
• update weekly agendas and attend weekly production meetings; and
• check in client amends throughout the proofing process to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality at all stages.
The initial secondment within the proofreading department is intended to allow the successful candidate to develop their knowledge of corporate communications and to hone their eye for detail. Day-to-day tasks will involve checking documents containing images, text and tables of figures. Core tasks include:
• checking copy has been correctly inserted into design files used in different channels such as websites, printed annual reports, presentations and video;
• carrying out quality control checks to ensure that projects are ready for publication;
• checking printer's proofs of printed collateral are an accurate match of the document sent to the printer; and
• checking Design Portfolio’s own marketing and thought leadership material prior to publication.
For this role, we are looking for a candidate who:
• has a can-do attitude, is organised and is a highly proactive administrator;
• has excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• has strong attention to detail;
• has an ability to work accurately to tight deadlines;
• can work as part of a team;
• can manage workloads and work on own initiative;
• has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
• is aware of the importance of client/customer relationships.
|Skills & experience||
Candidates who lack professional qualifications or training should have proof of working in a busy corporate communications/agency/office environment.
|Degree:||We are looking for a candidate who has a university degree (preferably English, business or media related) or related experience.|
|Location:||Batley, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Advertised until:||Wed 25-Sep-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.