High Speed Training
Location: Ilkley, West Yorkshire Salary: £23k - £26k per annum (based on previous experience) Hours: Up to 35 hours per week across...
Graduate Developer - ILKLEY
High Speed Training
As a highly respected online learning provider, we believe in a future where everyone has the freedom and opportunity to learn. By working collaboratively with our colleagues, experts and customers, we are aiming to be the most trusted online vocational training team, creating and delivering high-quality, certified courses to millions of people.
Our client base is already bursting with big-name brands from across the UK (and further afield), with over 150 courses and over a million certificated learners. The High Speed Training office is based in the picturesque town of Ilkley, West Yorkshire, and is easily accessible by road and rail. We’re even part of the Cycle to Work Scheme should you wish to ride the scenic way to work.
We’re passionate about making sure our customers receive exceptional service and, as our company continues to grow, we need you to help us deliver the latest features, improve usability and enhance performance across a wide range of devices.
Location: Ilkley, West Yorkshire
Salary: £23k - £26k per annum (based on previous experience)
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week across Monday to Friday. Our staff work flexibly in different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at your interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Employee happiness is very important to us and we really value our teams. To make High Speed Training a great place to work, we are invested in building an enjoyable environment to work in. To promote this, we offer:
Excellent company benefits, including:
- 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- The latest mobile phone and contract
- Discount on a Corporate Annual M-card
- Free life insurance
- Optional private medical cover for you and your immediate family
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- A pension contribution scheme
- A relaxed, friendly and supportive working atmosphere.
We also have:
- A large kitchen and staff area, with cooking facilities, sofas and games.
- Regular staff social events, like bowling, escape rooms and BBQs.
- Access to top-of-the-range equipment, developer tools and technologies, plus the freedom to configure it to your own requirements.
From day one, you’ll be pairing with our experienced developers to learn about our systems and what’s required of the role; you’ll take on their day-to-day workload, including feature development, maintenance, and bug-fixing on our live products, to expose you to working life in a self-motivating technical team.
As a learning provider, we believe that our staff members are learners too, so we promote an environment where you can try things out, work on personal projects, and practice new skills by pairing with other members of the team.
Successful applicants should:
- Be able to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, either through academic or practical experience, or both.
- Be an efficient learner and a logical thinker.
- Feel comfortable discussing complex problems with peers.
- Be curious and willing to learn and understand technical concepts.
- Be motivated by challenges.
|Skills & experience||
Our graduate scheme offers successful candidates:
- Knowledge of agile and test-driven development.
- Knowledge of C#, .NET, MVC, APIs, ORMs(NHibernate, EF)
- Knowledge of TypeScript, Angular, Vue.js
- Exposure to version control (Git) and DevOps (npm, TeamCity, OctopusDeploy, Azure)
- Testing methodologies and frameworks
- Ability to develop specialist knowledge in areas of interest
- Design Patterns and knowledge of implementation
- Opportunity to work in a business where you can influence how we work
- A collaborative working environment where you can discuss and resolve coding issues with your peers in a varied range of business critical products and projects
- Annual ‘hackathon’ as well as dedicated time and budget for training and personal development
|Location:||ILKLEY, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£23,000.00 to £26,000.00 pa|
|Closing date:||Thu 29-Aug-2019 at Midday|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.