Comply Direct Ltd
Are you always looking to find a better way? A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an analytical, outgoing, intelligent and...
Graduate PHP Developer - Leeds
This vacancy has now closed.
Software2 is the home of AppsAnywhere, the world's only dedicated education app store, used and loved by students, colleges and universities across the globe. With offices in Leeds (UK), Boston (USA), Spain and Germany, Software2 are highly-experienced in working within the higher education technology sector, to solve the problem of delivering any software to any user, on demand.
Software2’s AppsAnywhere solution is used by more than 1.5 million students in 150 higher education establishments across North America and Europe. Notable users include University of Michigan (USA), University of St Andrews (UK) and Durham University (UK). Today, 10 apps are launched by university students and staff through AppsAnywhere every second, worldwide.
As a junior developer with Software2, you can expect each of the following regular responsibilities in the role:
• Contribute to new features and the wider product and participate fully in the team's responsibilities from the outset
• Participate in planning, design, QA testing and of course, daily stand-ups
• Be part of a team who are responsible for the full development lifecycle of the product: from design through development, to unit and integration testing, as well as iterative improvement, with plans to include deployment and monitoring as part of this in the future
• Together with the team, be responsible for the full technology stack related to the product; from the UI and APIs right down to the services and databases that back the functionality.
We have a strong track record in moving our tech stack forward and always look to leverage new technologies to improve our offering. Current plans include exciting technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Serverless.
The ideal candidate will hold an understanding of basic programming and will have had some exposure to software development, methodologies and principles. You will need to have completed, or be close to completing, a degree in software engineering or computer science. Your code will be continually reviewed, and guidance will be given with regards to algorithms, maintainability and structure. You should feel comfortable making mistakes but be diligently willing to learn from them, able to ask for help regardless of context and open to learning from others.
You will also be top of your class and strive to be such yet will be humble. We’d like to see you using your own time to improve your knowledge of writing software, particularly coding aspects, and should have experience working on personal projects. It is not essential, but we would prefer it if there was a work placement element of your degree and a recognized computing certification (for example, BCS accredited, etc)
If the following looks like we’ve lifted it straight from your CV, we’d love to hear from you!
• Passionate about programming and problem solving with a knack for the finer details
• Continually aim to improve the quality and efficiency of written code
• Experience working with SQL, with general understanding of relational database systems and the principles behind them
• Ability to create software or components from scratch, from a set of gathered or understood requirements
• Is flexible and adaptable, and thrives in an environment always looking toward the future
• A familiarity with object-oriented programming principles and design patterns
• Understands the principles behind unit testing, and writing testable code
• An insatiable thirst for knowledge!
|Skills & experience||
|Location:||Leeds, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£18,0000 - £25,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 15-Jul-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.