Data Warehouse Developer/Systems Developer - Grimsby, Lincolnshire
NAViGO Health and Social Care
NAViGO Health and Social Care CIC provide health and social care services to a population of 158,000. We are a progressive and ambitious organisation that aims to support those living with a mental health illness, their carers and families in the simplest and most effective ways. We are different because we know working with the same methods doesn’t work forever; and we will continue to challenge the way we do things to create the best services that are centred on the people who use them.
Working together across Humber, Coast and Vale
Why should you work for us?
CQC overall rating GOOD 2018 – with two services rated Outstanding
We are in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-for-profit Companies to work for 2019
Winners of The Sunday Times Learning and Development Special Award 2017
We are one of the top 75 best organisations to work for in Yorkshire and Humber region 2019
Outstanding national NHS Staff Survey 2018
Crisis Home Treatment service for older people accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ 2018
Awarded for ‘Excellence in DBT’ from the Association for Psychological Therapies 2018
'Highly Commended' organisation in the James Legal Solicitors Inspiring Business 2019 Awards
NAViGO Simply You team crowned Heart Awards Business in Community winners 2018
Performance Team ‘highly commended’ in the best use of data category - Health Tech Awards 2018
Mental Health category winner - Medipex Awards 2018
Mental health services in North East Lincolnshire have been rated as amongst the best in the country by the people who use them
We really are different; we’ve purchased a garden centre and a caravan. Why? We’re growing and improving our services year on year; which means we also have to work hard at finding new ways to make our service sustainable. This social enterprise is about working together with local people to create services that are owned by the community, supported by it and loyal to it. It’s challenging, it’s exciting and we want like-minded people to join us. If you think that’s you, take a look at the job specification
Flexible start date
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking and tenacious coder? Do you also enjoy making a difference to healthcare and working closely with front line staff to improve services? Are you ready to create something exciting which supports the ambitions of the NHS Long Term Plan by helping to digitise the NHS and its partners? Could you share your achievements with a wider audience to spread best practice locally and nationally?
If this sounds like you an exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to continue to redevelop the organisation’s data warehouse system due to the implementation of a new patient administration system.
The post holder will also be responsible for continued development of new reports and dashboards for the organisation and may also be required to work with other organisations/partners as directed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will report to the Senior Performance Analyst within the department.
• The post holder will be required to work in a team responsible for the development, maintenance and performance of the Data Warehouse. Examples of tasks include the development and maintenance of existing ETL processes, data cleansing routines, indexing and reporting datasets.
• To maintain existing information solutions, using SQL Server technologies including T-SQL and SSRS.
• To use technical and analytical skills to contribute to the Information Management department delivering its objectives of developing a Trust-wide data warehouse and sophisticated reporting service.
• To maintain and develop solutions that will automate, schedule and improve upon current processes within the Information Management team.
• To ensure thorough documentation and change control processes are in place, accessible and maintained for all department processes and developments
• Proven skills/training up to advanced level in MS Excel and Access
• Proven skills in SQL Server Tools such as SSIS and SSRS
• Experience of delivering high quality information within required timescales and within a pressurised environment
• Proven experience of developing customised reports/information packs for varied audiences
• Demonstrable experience of complex problem solving and analysis & interpretation / manipulation of data
• Proven skills in system development
|Skills & experience||
• Ability to analyse large quantities of complex data to identify and suggest solutions to variances and problems identified
• Ability to communicate complex information issues to a wide range of professional groups
• Able to provide training & support to other members of the Performance team and non- information staff on information issues
• Ability to suggest & introduce changes to the way that information is produced.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure for long periods of time
• Persuasion/influencing skills
• Skills in writing T-SQL queries
• Experience using Microsoft SQL packages; SSMS, SSRS, SSIS
• Experience using version control software; Git
• Understanding of basic data warehousing principles and methods
• Knowledge of ETL techniques
|Degree:||• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Advanced ECDL
• IT Qualification
|Salary:||£24,214 to £37,267 per annum dependent on experience|
|Advertised until:||Tue 04-Jun-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.