Bluetree Design & Print
Bluetree Group are the fastest growing print business in the UK and have been on the Virgin Sunday Times Fast...
Projects Engineer, Jenx - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you someone who is data-driven and keen to use this to help solve problems? If you are analytical and keen to help increase efficiency, then this is a great role. Jenx are looking for someone to use data collected by the company to help a) improve their own processes and b) help to map out capacity to assist the business in taking on more work. You will work with lots of different members of the business across different elements of their production but will be responsible for implementing your own solutions and developing within the company.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Jenx Ltd, a family run company founded by a paediatric physiotherapist and a product designer in 1982, with the aim of enriching lives and changing perceptions about disability. Every position a child adopts has an effect on their development and functional movement both now and in the future, and the company strives to design and manufacture specific products that provide the support children need to have a functional, pain-free future. They work collaboratively to make society a better place for those with disabilities and make a positive difference to their community by staying true to their values and being an outstanding employer. Charity and social activities play an active part in employees’ working lives and they are proud of their friendly and supportive working environment. Check out the Facebook page to find out what the team have been up to recently, or visit their website to learn more: www.jenx.com
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £18,000-£20,000 per annum
Location: Wardsend Road, Sheffield, S6 1RQ
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 12-month internship, with the possibility of a permanent position, dependant on performance and business circumstances
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an online application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-26. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be responsible for using data to analyse the company’s production processes and helping the business save time and money. Typical activities will include:
• Data analysis, looking at and interpreting the data from the company’s production environment
• Planning capacity for the company’s future production and ability to take more business
• Investigating existing process to identify areas to improve efficiencies
• Working with teams within the business to maximise use of space, process flow and efficient despatch & delivery processes
• Learning about the company and its internal processes and systems
• Working and communicating with various teams across multiple departments to help solve problems in their processes
• Using technology to help devise creative and innovative improvements
• Justifying your recommendations and the associated costs and then helping to implement them
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate of any STEM-related degree discipline, but mechanical engineering degrees are preferred
• A self-starter, able to show initiative and work on a project from start to finish
• Confident, not afraid to speak up and justify their decisions
• Takes on-board direction and listens to feedback, learns from own mistakes & values experience of others
• Analytical, with a good eye for detail and a desire to solve problems
• Comfortable with data, analysing and interpreting it
• Good at documenting progress and communicating solutions to others within the business
• Organised and able to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Works inclusively and collaboratively
• Keen to learn about Jenx and its processes to help develop quickly within the company
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.