ACADEMIC SOCIETIES CO-ORDINATOR Fixed term to 29 Nov 2019 - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
Sheffield Hallam Students' Union
Sheffield Hallam University's Students Union
Sheffield Hallam Students' Union provides excellent services, opportunities and facilities for its diverse membership of over 35,000 students. With students at the very heart of all it does, the Students' Union exists to represent students' academic interests, help them to look after their wellbeing and ensure we give our students the edge.
We are seeking a creative, confident and outgoing individual to join our Student Opportunities team. The Student Opportunities team provide exciting, rewarding and developmental opportunities for Hallam students to get involved in. We are a creative bunch with a genuine student focus and we're lots of fun too !
Student Opportunities encompasses societies, activities, events & trips, volunteering, training and a range of recognition awards. All this is delivered by 3 teams within the overall Student Opportunities team. This role will see you support existing academic societies in line with our policies and procedures, train and develop committee members and help to develop a real sense of belonging for Sheffield Hallam Students. This role will also conduct research into best practice and develop relationships across Sheffield Hallam University to enable us to grow this exciting new area of work.
• Assist the Head of Student Opportunities to promote a supportive environment for students to build communities, have fun and develop new skills that help their self-confidence and resilience
• Monitor engagement and satisfaction amongst academic societies to ensure effective engagement with target audiences
• Work with the Head of Student Opportunities to raise the profile of the Students' Union's societies offer
• Work closely with the Head of Student Opportunities and external stakeholders to maximise all opportunities to develop an excellent student experience
• Develop society committee members by providing training, events and support to allow growth, build confidence and ensure a strong and consistent approach
• Create and engage with student on-line communities. Implement marketing strategies to promote engagement with area of work
- communication skills
- a commitment to provide a high quality service
- team working
- problem solving and decision making
|Skills & experience||
- Skills in building relationships and partnership work are also essential for this role.
- experience of working on, planning and delivering projects, events and campaigns demonstrating successful outcomes
- ability to devise, plan and run successful training sessions and events
- ability to supervise students/volunteers effectively
- effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- ability to use social media to increase stakeholder engagement
- experience of working in a team and a commitment to cross organisational working
- ability to develop creative approaches to problem solving
- well organised with experience of maintaining accurate records and proven attention to detail
|Degree:||Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience, you should have excellent customer service skills, and experience of developing and using administrative systems. Applicants should be self-motivated and confident in initiating service improvements. You should have experience of working with student leaders and the ability to use a range of communication methods to cultivate effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£20,344 pro rata|
|Closing date:||Closed Fri 29-Mar-2019 at 10:00am|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.