How would we sum it up? Are you an engineering graduate who is keen to work with people and develop...
Paralegal, Dawson Radford Solicitors - Sheffield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is the perfect opportunity for a graduate to kickstart their career in the law through this business-focused solicitor’s firm. With the support of a close-knit team, you will gain a valuable insight into the workings of the firm through exposure to several different areas of law, representing both individuals and business. Working closely with the senior members of the team, your impact truly will be felt. If you are a personable graduate who is supremely organised with a keen eye for detail, then you will excel in this role. Working on a wide variety of business issues, from shareholder agreements to commercial property, no two days will be the same.
What is the business all about?
The business is Dawson Radford, a legal firm specialising in all things business – transactions, starting up, restructuring or expanding. They focus on providing excellent customer service and flexible working solutions to help work around clients. While they deliver high quality work, they operate a more welcoming, relaxed environment than other larger corporate firms, and are looking for someone who shares that ethos. They are a relatively young company but are expanding their already strong client base across South Yorkshire and the UK. They are a small but highly knowledgeable team who are looking for a graduate to learn and grow with the business. Find out more at https://dawsonradford.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000 - 18,000pa depending on skills and experience
Location: 31 Thorpe Road, Harthill, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 7YF
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of internship: 6 months, with a view to a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-21. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be initially assisting fee-earners with their tasks, but will eventually take on your own case load and greater responsibility. Typical activities will include:
• Assistance with the drafting of legal agreements, including process maintenance
• Learning about drafting and interview techniques, as well as file management
• Reviewing existing written processes and checking their validity
• Liaising with clients in person, over the phone and on email
• Preparing legal documentation, ensuring that it is correct and accurate
• Using case management systems and similar legal software
• Attending training to keep up to date
What type of person are they looking for?
The successful candidate for this role will:
• Be a graduate in Law, Business, or a related subject
• Possess excellent organisation and time management skills
• Be analytical, with a keen eye for detail
• Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
• Be able to use their own initiative and work independently
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – an eye for detail
• Be positive, presentable and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£16,000 - 18,000|
|Advertised until:||Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Green Spark
- Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland
- Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited
- Contracts Coordinator, Welfare Call
- Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneratio...
- Engineering Manager, Ernest Wright
- Graduate Account Executive, Ant Marketing
- Graduate Business Development Executive, KAT Communications
- Graduate Consultant, Marjolo
- Graduate Estimator, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Graduate International Project Assistant (UK and International...
- Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10
- Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research
- Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe
- Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe
- Marketing Executive, Prima Industries Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Process Improvement Engineer, Pryor Marking Technology
- Product Engineer, Rebel Base Media
- Production Controller, Prima Industries Ltd
- Projects Engineer, Jenx
- Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical
- SEO Account Executive, SEO Works
- Software Developer, Homely Apartments
- Solutions Sales Person, DeeperThanBlue
- Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable
- Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK