Software Developer, Homely Apartments - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you keen to join a company and grow for the long term with the option of having a stake in the business? This unique software development position is offering just that, with the opportunity to learn about and develop new software, whilst being given real autonomy to be logical and help grow this exciting, fast paced start-up. Working with a small, entrepreneurial-minded team, the company provides an excellent benefits package, including free gym membership, PerksAtWork membership and even free sushi! If you are keen to make a real impact and work in a dynamic and vibrant start up company, then read on below.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Homely Serviced Apartments, a provider of flexible, hassle-free apartments in Sheffield City Centre. They are focussed on changing the traditional slow-paced model of accommodation, and instead are committed to re-inventing the process, creating a platform that will offer flexible, hassle free accommodation with the click of a button. The business values themselves on being reliable, friendly and delivering everything they do to a high-standard, so much so that they have been nominated for the ASAP Serviced Apartment Marketing Award 2017 and for a Sheffield Business Award! As an exciting Sheffield start-up that was founded by a University of Sheffield alum, the business has been supported by USE (University of Sheffield Enterprise) and were winners of the USE Evolve Business Competition. To find out more, visit their website: www.homelyapartments.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £20,000 - £25,000 with the possibility of equity in the business
Location: Homely Serviced Apartments, 7th Floor, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
Start date: September/October 2019
Length of internship: 6 months, with a view to a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-24. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities in your day-to-day role might include:
• Producing software and developing the front-end and back-end of the website for the business
• Identifying issues with code and using your knowledge to and problem solving to fix them
• Testing and checking that the software you have made runs smoothly, documenting your progress
• Creating specifications
• R&D work on products/development tools/platforms
• Assisting the rest of the development team to help identify the cause of any problems within the code
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate of any degree discipline but Computer Science or IT-related degrees would be preferred
• Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. Simula, Java, Python, Ruby, C++ etc.)
• Keen to achieve, and driven to help grow the business and yourself
• Logical and analytical, able to identify problems and come up with evidence-based solutions
• Curious and eager to make an impact, providing justifications and reasoning to convince people of your way of thinking
The following are desirable, but don’t be put off if not!
|Degree:||A graduate of any degree discipline but Computer Science or IT-related degrees would be preferred|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Job ref:||GY/52935/RISE 18-24|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.