Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you incredibly organised, keen to plan things out and good at getting things get done? With no day being the same, this is a role for someone who likes getting out and about whilst staying on top of numerous tasks simultaneously. You will be working in a team, supporting brands and companies with their refurbishment and will play an important role to that clients and team members have the right information to make it a success. While you will be based in Sheffield, you will have the opportunity to visit external sites and see the results of projects you are part of.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Barlow Interiors, one of the UK's longest established main contractors for refurbishment and fit-out to the retail, restaurant, hotel and commercial sectors. While they are based in Sheffield, they operate nationally, working with brands such as Starbucks, M&S, House of Fraser, Pret and many more. Projects range from small refits or concessions, that are on site for a few days and less than £20,000 in value, to large refurbishments of new sites in excess of £4 million that are on site for several months. They are Investors in People, and their mission is to be the go-to contractor for customers, employees and sub-contractors. They are passionate about listening to customers, keeping everyone safe, minimising disruption to business and inspiring employees. To find out more, have a look at their website: https://www.barlows.uk.com/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Location: Barlow Interiors Ltd, 1 Keeton’s Hill, Sheffield, S2 4NW
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 12M with a view to a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE positions you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-20. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities will include:
• Managing and building customer relationships to ensure smooth running of projects
• Resolving any issues that may arise and ensure they do not impact the project goal
• Regularly updating each client about the status and performance of a project throughout
• Ensuring QS (Quantity Surveyor) and site team are fully briefed, providing support when required
• Attending launch meetings as part of the team, providing input on client’s expectations for delivery, quality and design
• Organising all necessary documentation and information to the appropriate people or places
• Manage site-based duties including – Toolbox talks, site installation audits, site surveys/measures, site sign off
• Supporting Project Managers with tracking contract performance
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate of any degree subject, but construction or building surveyor graduates are particularly welcome
• Ideally aged 21 or over, in order to utilise the company car and insurance package. Candidates who are under 21 will also be considered
• Able to read construction drawings and understand a bill of quantity
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbally
• Extremely organised, able to work to deadlines and plan-ahead
• Passionate and able to deliver excellent customer service
• Able to work well and communicate effectively within a team, ensuring everyone is well informed
• Able to drive, holding a full UK driving license
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£18,000 - £20,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.