Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you an engineering graduate who is keen to work with people and develop quickly in a business? From liaising with clients and drawing up specifications at the initial stage right through to engaging with suppliers and contractors to see the designs implemented, you will be you will be responsible for the end-to-end customer relationship. You will be part of a tight knit team and will be given real responsibility, but also support to assist with your development and growth with the business. If you are keen to apply your engineering and design knowledge whilst working in a collaborative environment and engaging with lots of different people, read on below.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Airmaster, a company specialising in air conditioning design and fitting. Originally founded in 1992, they have grown into a £10 Million turnover business and are now well placed within the industry, with clients around the UK and in a variety of sectors. The teams carry out projects from £5,000 up to £2.5 Million in value throughout the UK, with most of this work designed in house. They are proud to be Investors in People and are committed to training and development of their staff – they have a generous holiday and healthcare package. This commitment is reflected by the fact that many of the team have been there for several years, with most people in senior positions having been promoted internally. To find out more have a look at their website: www.airmaster.uk.com
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £19,000 – £21,000pa depending on skills and experience
Location: Swallownest, Sheffield, S26 4UN
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of internship: Permanent, with six months’ probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-18. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
• Read client/consultant specifications to assist contracts team to carry out design work
• Produce layout drawings & system schematics for approval by consultants/clients
• Carry out calculations such as ventilation rates, cooling/heating loads and pressure drop
• Interpret consultant queries & address these for design approvals
• Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotations & delivery of equipment to meet project deadlines
• Liaising with clients, sub-contractors & on-site engineers to ensure designs & drawings are kept up to date
• Attending site to co-ordinate designs with other services/contractors
• Producing Operation & Maintenance (O&M) manuals for clients upon project completion
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate in any Engineering discipline, but mechanical engineering is preferred
• Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, particularly Excel / Access
• Must be capable of producing work to a high standard of accuracy
• Have excellent communication skills and comfortable working with others across the business
• Be organised, able to balance workload and meet deadlines
• Able to work under pressure but maintain excellent attention to detail
The following would be beneficial, but don’t be put off if not!
• Have previous experience in a construction environment
• Knowledge/Experience of 2D/3D software – particularly thermal modelling and AutoCAD LT
• Knowledge/Experience of Thermofluids/Thermodynamics
• Full UK driving license and access to a car
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£19,000 – £21,000 p/a|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.