Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10 - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you a personable, confident graduate with a knowledge or Microsoft technologies and general IT concepts? Do you also have business acumen and the desire to deliver your own client projects? You will be joining a start-up Microsoft Consultancy as its first ever employee, so responsibility and opportunity go hand-in-hand with this role. Working directly alongside the company owner, you will start by providing remote support and consultancy for existing clients. During this time, you’ll learn more about Microsoft’s Cloud services and how they’re used by various organisations. As your knowledge and expertise grow, you will be expected to manage your own projects, progressing into a full Consultancy role. As the first employee, you will be involved in shaping the business, having a say in key business decisions and developing an understanding of what it takes for a start-up to succeed.
What’s the business all about?
The business is yoko:10, a Microsoft consultancy based in central Sheffield. The company was formed in the summer of 2016 and focuses on Microsoft Cloud services (Office 365 and Azure). The company specialises in three key areas; providing Collaboration, Intranet and Security solutions to mid-size and enterprise organisations. They provide both general information and bespoke solutions to businesses and organisations who have not yet utilised the full capability of the Microsoft office and cloud packages. If you were curious about the company name, it translates to “sharing best practice”. That sums up yoko:10 nicely and it’s reflected in everything they do. Find out more at www.yoko10.com
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £20,000 - £22,000pa, depending on skills and experience, plus profit share
Location: The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: Six months, with a view to securing a permanent role depending on performance and business circumstances
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-16. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
• Providing office-based support for projects and existing customers.
• Configuring Microsoft solutions based on a scope and design already agreed with the client.
• Delivering projects from the office and on-site.
• Liaising directly with customers and clients and solving any issues they have.
• Assisting with marketing campaigns and materials.
• Helping to shape and grow the business
• Developing your own technical skills and knowledge
What type of person are they looking for?
You will start by assisting the company owner on current client projects, progressing to manage your own projects. The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline but students with a combined business and IT degree are particularly welcomed.
• Be personable and confident – you will progress into a consultancy role so building rapport with clients and solving their problems is key.
• Understand the role of Information Technology and Business Applications within a modern, medium to large size organisation.
• Have solid experience of using Microsoft core Office products – Word, Excel and Outlook
• Be ambitious and eager to learn
• Be able to work to multiple deadlines and manage their time effectively
• Be quick to new skills, from technical “know how” to work effectively with clients
The following are highly desirable, but don’t be put off if not!
• Understand Microsoft enterprise technologies, with particular relevance to Exchange, SharePoint and Office 365.
• Have a basic understanding of web development and ability to use HTML
• Knowledge of other web development languages, like CSS or Java
• An understanding of Windows Networking
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.