Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
If you are an analytical graduate who is keen to learn and develop into a potential management position within a unique and vastly experienced business, then this could be the perfect role for you. The company manufactures and distributes sterilisation packaging for medical instruments in high volumes – manufacturing over 100 million units per year! You would work with the existing quality assurance team to develop bespoke packaging specifications and ensuring that they meet industry standards and regulations. With an opportunity for responsibility from day one, and the potential to grow with the company quickly, this is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge of quality assurance.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Granton Medical Ltd, a medical devices company who manufacture sterilisable packaging and pack medical devices for healthcare companies in the UK and overseas.. Producing over 100 million sterilisation pouches per year, they are the UK’s sole high-volume manufacturer of this product. They also offer an in-house packing and sterilisation service for medical devices companies worldwide. The business has huge history, being founded in Sheffield in 1601 originally making cutlery. The business has since moved into making surgical blades and now specialises in making sterilisable packaging to ensure that medical devices are safe and conform to industry standards and regulations. This innovative company based near Sheffield city centre value their relationships with their customers and suppliers and are looking for a graduate to help grow with the business. To find out more, have a look at their website: https://www.granton-medical.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000-£18,000
Location: Parkway Close, Parkway Industrial Estate, Sheffield, S9 4WJ
Start date: MayJune 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-15. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be working closely with the existing quality management team, learning and developing your skills with the view to eventually becoming a manager. Typical activities will include:
• Writing bespoke packaging specifications
• Learning the details of the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) from the existing quality management team
• Becoming familiar with International Quality Standards
• Maintaining and updating CE Technical Files on each product
• Liaising with customers around their needs and potential product fits
• Working with a Notified Body (NB) around compliance and helping to prepare for NB and customer audits
• Interacting with suppliers over product standards and quality expectations
• Working with production personnel to ensure products produced comply with the specifications and relevant quality standards
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
● Be a graduate of any degree (science-based degrees are preferred)
● Attentive, with a good eye for detail – your work will affect professional bodies and high-profile clients, so it will need to be perfect
● Methodical, accurate and thorough in their approach to work
● Be interested in working with processes, quality, standards and business improvement
● A good communicator, able to speak confidently on the phone to potential customers and standards bodies
● Driven, willing to learn and develop themselves through working with others in the business
● Organised, able to meet deadlines and balance multiple jobs at the same time
● Self-motivated and able to keep going with a task even if it becomes monotonous
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.