Process Improvement Engineer, Pryor Marking Technology - Sheffield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you someone who is always spotting problems and looking for solutions? If you are inquisitive, analytical and not afraid to challenge the status quo, then this could be the role for you. Pryor Marking Technology are looking for someone to give a fresh perspective on their internal processes and provide improvements to help make them more efficient. You will be supported by the existing process improvement team, whilst simultaneously being given real responsibility to go in and suggest changes to senior members of the business. If you are a STEM graduate and are keen to help grow the company, then read on below.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Pryor Marking Technology, who design and manufacture the widest range of permanent marking systems in the world. They provide services ranging from manual punches and handstamps, through to laser marking and chemical etching. They have a proud history, originally set up in 1849 as an engraving business, and have grown into a world-renowned company in their industry. They have many manufacturing and design processes relating to their products and services, and are industry leaders, working with cutting edge technology. To find out more have a look at their website: https://www.pryormarking.com/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £18,000-£20,000 per annum
Location: Egerton Street, Sheffield, S1 4JX
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to securing a permanent role
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-14. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be responsible for analysing the company’s existing processes and looking at ways to improve them. Typical activities will include:
• Analysing existing design and manufacturing processes to see where they could be improved, or where time, money or resource could be saved.
• Making design driven recommendations to senior members of the business on proposed changes
• Justifying your recommendations and the associated costs and then helping to implement them
• Communicating with key people in various departments to help explain and implement the changes and processes
• Working with and learning from the current process improvement team to help develop your knowledge of the business and its workings
• Generate and recording performance data to help show the improvements
• Communicating your work and improvements to other members of the team
• Writing and developing documentation and training on the process improvement
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate of any STEM-related degree discipline, but engineering and technical design degrees are preferred
• Self-motivated, able to show initiative and see a project through to its conclusion
• Confident, not afraid to challenge the status quo and justify their decisions to others
• Analytical, with a good eye for detail and a desire to solve problems
• Good at documenting progress and conveying successes and savings to other members of the business
• Organised and able to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Someone who can demonstrate good practical skills as well as analytical skills.
• Keen to learn about the company and its internal processes and develop
The following is beneficial, but don’t be put off if not:
• Knowledge and experience of CAD software packages, such as Solidworks
• Understanding of lean manufacturing and “Six Sigma”
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Green Spark
- Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland
- Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited
- Contracts Coordinator, Welfare Call
- Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneratio...
- Engineering Manager, Ernest Wright
- Graduate Account Executive, Ant Marketing
- Graduate Business Development Executive, KAT Communications
- Graduate Consultant, Marjolo
- Graduate Estimator, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Graduate International Project Assistant (UK and International...
- Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10
- Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research
- Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe
- Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe
- Marketing Executive, Prima Industries Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Paralegal, Dawson Radford Solicitors
- Product Engineer, Rebel Base Media
- Production Controller, Prima Industries Ltd
- Projects Engineer, Jenx
- Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical
- SEO Account Executive, SEO Works
- Software Developer, Homely Apartments
- Solutions Sales Person, DeeperThanBlue
- Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable
- Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK