Bluetree Design & Print
Bluetree Group are the fastest growing print business in the UK and have been on the Virgin Sunday Times Fast...
Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This role is perfect for an analytical graduate who is keen to help make a meaningful impact to businesses, local authorities and societies around the UK and beyond. You will be assisting in research and report-writing for a wide variety of clients, including projects commissioned by the UK and international bodies. The company provides research and consulting services, ranging from economic impact studies to regeneration projects and evaluations. If you are a graduate with good qualitative and quantitative researching skills and who wants to work on some exciting projects that deliver real change, then this could be the job for you.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Kada Research, an economic development research and consulting firm. They provide UK and EU research and consulting services on business and economic growth and social inclusion. Based in central Sheffield in the iconic Park Hill flats, they were set up in November 2011 and have expanded their niche offering to clients around the UK as well as abroad. They work with a wide variety of clients, including Universities, The Greater London Authority, the EC, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Homes England. They are focussed on creating and interpreting knowledge to benefit businesses, the environment and society at large. Working on projects ranging from enterprise, innovation and technology right through to social inclusion and tourism, this is a dynamic and forward-thinking company looking for an analytical graduate to help with live contracts. To find out more, have a look at their website: http://www.kadaresearch.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000
Location: 10 South Street, Park Hill, Sheffield, S2 5QY
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-13. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be assisting the team in project work, researching and writing reports. Typical activities will include:
• Piloting business surveys for clients and analysing the results
• Sorting and coding qualitative data
• Fieldwork to inform report-writing and research
• Analysing data and providing commentary and narrative
• Conducting research, both qualitative and quantitative, on a wide variety of topics
• Writing and contributing to live contract reports and conducting background research
• Proof reading and formatting reports
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate of any degree discipline but Economics and Town Planning are preferred. Others (e.g. Social Studies, English and Language degrees) are encouraged to apply.
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbally
• A good researcher, able to be thorough when finding and synthesizing information
• Analytical, methodical in their approach to writing and considering data
• Personable, able to go out and speak with individuals and conduct research by phone or even in person
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Computer literate and able to produce charts and data tables in excel.
Any of the following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not!
• Experience of economic impact techniques
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.