Graduate Consultant, Marjolo - Sheffield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you a graduate with a keen interest in business growth and creating end to end client relationships? This is an exciting role in a growing strategic consultancy based in Sheffield (with an added base in London) that helps organisations to grow through smart and innovative Digital and Business Tools. You will perform a hybrid role, working on in-house projects, as well as shadowing others and learning to become a junior consultant. You will be responsible for lead generation and business development, working with the Sales & Marketing Director to create new opportunities for business growth. You will work closely with partner networks to develop collaborative service offerings, whilst also providing an end to end service to clients by providing on-site consultancy support.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Marjolo, a Business Architecture and Technology Consultancy that makes people think differently. They specialise in transformation services such as Business Architecture and aligning technology to the real needs of a business; finding smarter ways to transition change and make people think differently. Marjolo takes a collaborative approach to all projects, partnering with the organisations they are working with to highlight innovative opportunities to blend digital, data, process and organisational change; resulting in better business practice and a real return on investment. The business is in its third year of operation, having doubled year-on-year, so there is huge scope to progress and contribute to the future development of the business and its culture. Based in a hub of digital creativity in the heart of Sheffield (with a helter-skelter!), Marjolo will give you the freedom to develop your skills, spot new opportunities and work with cool technology, in a relaxed, collaborative environment. Find out more at www.marjolo.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £18,000 - £20,000pa, depending on experience, plus commission structure and benefits package
Location: Electric Works, Sheffield Digital Campus, Sheffield S1 2BJ
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to securing a permanent role depending on performance and business circumstances
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-12. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will perform a hybrid role, working on lead generation and managing client relationships, as well as shadowing others and learning to become a junior consultant. Typical activities will include:
• Acting as an ambassador for Marjolo, promoting their approach and core services through the building of relationships with new and existing clients
• Working closely with the Sales Director to generate new leads in their existing markets and identifying new opportunities across different industries
• Building on client relationships and an understanding of their business to develop tailored proposals that meet the challenges of their business
• Performing market analysis and data gathering to identify targeted approaches to growth
• Project management of internal business enhancement activities
• Shadowing senior members of the team, learning about consultancy and solving business problems
• Working with the marketing team to create innovative campaigns which encourage collaboration and debate – think blogs, visuals, vlogs and anything else you can think of!
• Attending and representing Marjolo at trade, business and innovation roadshows
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline
• Be results-driven and ambitious
• Be tech-savvy, with a real interest in how organisations can harness strategic solutions and technology to grow and innovate
• Be enthusiastic and personable, with a positive outlook and the ability to build genuine connections with people in different industries
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to influence and present clear and convincing arguments to clients
• Be confident and unafraid of creating opportunities that challenge perceptions
• Want to work for an organisation where innovation, creativity and fun is valued
• Be prepared to travel on a semi-regular basis
The following are desirable, but don’t be put off if not!
• Previous sales experience
• Have an understanding of, or previous experience with, CRM systems
• Be familiar with and utilise Office 365’s suite of products
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Green Spark
- Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland
- Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited
- Contracts Coordinator, Welfare Call
- Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneratio...
- Engineering Manager, Ernest Wright
- Graduate Account Executive, Ant Marketing
- Graduate Business Development Executive, KAT Communications
- Graduate Estimator, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Graduate International Project Assistant (UK and International...
- Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10
- Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research
- Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe
- Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe
- Marketing Executive, Prima Industries Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Paralegal, Dawson Radford Solicitors
- Process Improvement Engineer, Pryor Marking Technology
- Product Engineer, Rebel Base Media
- Production Controller, Prima Industries Ltd
- Projects Engineer, Jenx
- Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical
- SEO Account Executive, SEO Works
- Software Developer, Homely Apartments
- Solutions Sales Person, DeeperThanBlue
- Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable
- Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK