Brake, the road safety charity
Introduction to our cause and work Deaths and injuries in road crashes, and the extensive pollution caused by road traffic, are...
Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised and creative individual with a strong business mind and leadership skills to assist in the management of a small but well-established chocolate company. You will be responsible for helping the manager of the company in a variety of tasks, including managing staff, exploring new business opportunities, potential product development and assisting with the day-to-day running of the shop. There is a real opportunity to grow with the business, and with constant access to delicious chocolate, this really is a job like no other!
What is the business all about?
Cocoa Wonderland was dreamt up by two SHU students aged 21. They are so passionate about their products around the world, from Caribbean jungles to Chinese mountains, to find the cream of the crop. Since attending Chocolate Academy, they have been experimenting with their own range of chocolate and are now looking into new ways to facilitate this. It's not all about the chocolate though. Every month they host a Knit Club and Book Club, which attract a diverse crowd and are popular with Sheffield's newcomers. As well as selling to retail customers, they have a wholesale range which is sold to establishments in Sheffield and around the country. Their chocolates are popular choices for corporate events and weddings. To find out more, look at their website: https://www.cocoawonderland.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £15,500 - £17,000
Location: Cocoa Wonderland, 462 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, S11 8PX
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of internship: 6 months, with a view to a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-11. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Your activities will be split between assisting with the management of the business and Typical activities will include:
• Exploring new product options and opportunities
• Managing staff, dealing with staff recruitment, appraisals and dismissals
• Developing strategic operational plans for business growth
• Dealing with wholesale clients and managing ongoing client relationships
• Getting involved with and learning about the marketing strategy for the business
• Managing the day-to-day running of the store when needed, serving customers, stock taking and providing product advice to customers
What type of person are they looking for?
The successful candidate for this role will:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline
• Have enthusiasm in abundance
• Be organised and able to multitask
• Be a great communicator, able to motivate and enthuse staff
The following would be beneficial, but don’t be put off if not:
• Have a full driving license
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 01-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.