Engineering Manager, Ernest Wright - Sheffield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an extremely unique opportunity for a graduate with engineering experience to join an artisanal manufacturing company with a huge amount of history. You will split your time between the workshop, where you will be helping to manufacture high quality scissors, and the office, where you will be assisting with some of the more managerial elements of the business, such as marketing, promotion of the products, customer communication, staff management, finances, and more. You will be given a great deal of responsibility early on, and there is huge potential to grow with the business, with the possibility of becoming a senior leader or even a stakeholder in years to come.
What’s the business all about?
Ernest Wright are manufacturers of high-quality scissors from Sheffield. The company has an immense amount of heritage – started back in 1902, the company has gone through its ups and downs before finding the success it has today. They are immensely proud of their Sheffield city centre workshop and to continue the city’s tradition of working with steel. With a truly international client base (they sold products to 24 countries last year) and a worldwide reputation for making the highest quality, handmade scissors, the company is looking to grow further and by taking on and developing a talented graduate to help take over some of the running of the business. To find out more, have a look at their website: https://www.ernestwright.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000-£19,000
Location: 58 Broad Ln, Sheffield S1 4BT
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to securing a permanent role
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-10. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be splitting your time between the workshop, manufacturing the scissors, and the office. Typical tasks might include:
• Learning and developing your technique from ‘master putters’ on producing high quality scissors
• Learning and researching about the machinery in the factory and maintaining it to a high standard
• Dealing with existing clients from around the world
• Ensuring quality, both in the final products and in the workshop
• Helping to promote the company and its products to prospective clients
• Writing and producing marketing content for the business
• Leading a team of people on occasion
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate of any engineering discipline, provided you can demonstrate practical workshop experience and a passion for hands-on manufacturing
• Knowledgeable and passionate about the business and its heritage
• Charismatic, get on well with a variety of people
• Ambitious, with a global outlook to reflect the customer base
• Self-starting and able to work independently
• Organised and methodical, particularly when it comes to keeping your workspace tidy
• Entrepreneurial, willing to learn and develop quickly
• A good leader, able to galvanise and motivate a team of people
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Green Spark
- Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland
- Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited
- Contracts Coordinator, Welfare Call
- Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneratio...
- Graduate Account Executive, Ant Marketing
- Graduate Business Development Executive, KAT Communications
- Graduate Consultant, Marjolo
- Graduate Estimator, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Graduate International Project Assistant (UK and International...
- Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10
- Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research
- Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe
- Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe
- Marketing Executive, Prima Industries Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Paralegal, Dawson Radford Solicitors
- Process Improvement Engineer, Pryor Marking Technology
- Product Engineer, Rebel Base Media
- Production Controller, Prima Industries Ltd
- Projects Engineer, Jenx
- Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical
- SEO Account Executive, SEO Works
- Software Developer, Homely Apartments
- Solutions Sales Person, DeeperThanBlue
- Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable
- Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK