Bluetree Design & Print
Bluetree Group are the fastest growing print business in the UK and have been on the Virgin Sunday Times Fast...
Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneration Trust - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with local communities and inspire change through implementing social programs. If you are an organised and personable graduate with a keen interest in social media, then this role is perfect for you. You would be working with the business to promote the fantastic work they do in local communities to key stakeholders and influencers. Their national reach focusses primarily on 3 areas – health, employment and skills. You will be responsible for maintain and building on the business’ profile, communicating key messages to ensure the impact they deliver is recognised.
What’s the business all about?
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust are dedicated to supporting the 5.5 million people who live in the UK’s former mining towns and villages. They are a charity and an enterprising organisation, who are proud of their track record over the last 20 years of delivering targeted programmes which have addressed many of the huge challenges caused by the closure of the coal industry. They work across England, Scotland and Wales implementing programmes focussing around three priorities; employment, skills and health. With a interesting funding structure and client base, they are a unique business who make a real difference to their communities. To find out more, have a look at their website: https://www.coalfields-regen.org.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000 - £18,000 dependent on experience
Location: 1 Waterside Park, Valley Way, Barnsley. S73 0BB
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 12 months, with a view to securing a permanent position
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-07. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be assisting the team in project work whilst developing your knowledge of the business and the software solutions they provide. Typical activities will include:
• Take ownership of our newly developing web platform
• Develop the business’ content management and digital strategy, creating engaging content (through relevant blogs, articles and social media posts) and reporting on social media activity
• Growing the business’ social media profile by engaging with influencers, replying to comments, engaging in discussions and more
• Using industry news and events to create material such as newsletters and literature to distribute our stakeholders
• Working with the press team, developing the skills to produce press releases
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• A graduate from any degree discipline though marketing, PR, media, politics or journalism related would be preferred
• A highly conscientious individual who is passionate about making an impact in our communities
• Self-motivated, driven and keen to learn new skills and develop yourself
• A competent user of all social media and key channels
• An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally
• Be, show willing to embrace new apps and ways of working and spot an opportunity.
• Be prepared to work flexibly and build positive relationships with colleagues.
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.