Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
If you are a computer-savvy graduate looking to get into the world of consultancy, then this is a great opportunity. Through training, and working alongside industry experts, you will develop your knowledge of business IT solutions offered by Wharncliffe and use this knowledge to consult with customers and assist them with the implementation and management of the range of software Wharncliffe deliver for customers in a wide variety of industries. You will be playing an important role in the management of our customer relations, while working with a highly skilled team of 30 in a challenging but encouraging environment.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Wharncliffe, a family-run IT business based in Barnsley. They are well respected within the industry, having started in 1981, and they offer a range of business solutions around software, including Sage 200 accounting and commercials software, their own Realitex200 vertical market solution, and infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure Cloud. They specialise in the implementation, development and ongoing support of these systems for their clients, providing a truly end-to-end service. You’ll be around a friendly team, many of whom have over 10 years’ experience working at Wharncliffe, giving you a great opportunity to learn and develop your knowledge from industry experts. Find out more at https://wharncliffe.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £19,000 - £22,000 dependent on degree/experience level, with incremental increases planned from day one.
Location: Wentworth Industrial Park, Maple Road, Tankersley, Barnsley, S75 3DL
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: Permanent – they recruit for the long term!
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE positions you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-04. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be assisting the team in project work whilst developing your knowledge of the business and the software solutions they provide working toward a full consultancy role where you will be managing implementation projects and visit clients. Typical activities will include:
• Delivering project tasks for customer implementations
• Liaising with customers, suppliers, and consultants to gather project information
• Carrying out data migration trials and similar tasks
• Training, both internally and through courses, to upskill your knowledge of business IT solutions
• Reporting and charting work for customer projects
• Solution testing for bespoke and standard software
• Installation of selected applications
• Investigating various solutions to meet customer project requirements
• R&D work on products/development tools/platforms
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline but Accountancy or similar, or IT-related degrees would be preferred
• A good communicator, who is outgoing and comfortable speaking to others
• Analytical, able to problem solve and apply a methodical approach
• Driven, with a commitment to “get the job done”
• Able to work both independently and within a team
• Organised, able to manage workload
Any of the following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not!
• Experience using Sage or similar accounting/order processing software
• A general knowledge of accounting.
|Degree:||Be a graduate of any degree discipline but Accountancy or similar, or IT-related degrees would be preferred|
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£19,000 - £22,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.