Product Engineer, Rebel Base Media - Sheffield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an exciting opportunity to use knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in a commercial environment. You will be given an opportunity to be creative in building in machine learning for several new products that the business is implementing in an exciting space. This is a unique opportunity to work in this field in the South Yorkshire region, and the business is looking to give the right candidate a good amount of freedom to explore and present ideas back, all in a laid back, atypical IT office culture. With the potential for travel including conferences around the world, this is not one to be missed.
What’s the business all about?
Rebel Base Media makes software for podcasters, ranging from our flagship Podcast Websites package offering a managed WordPress solution through to new products Captivate.fm and Poductivity. From managing the web hosting to providing one-to-one support, the company helps podcasters all over the world becomes audio influencers in their niche. As they continue to grow and expand, this is an opportunity to help shape future product development. Based at the awesome Sheffield Technology Parks, they have a very open culture and encourage applications to form a wide variety of candidates. They recently moved to a new office which has its own podcast studio. To find out more about the business and the studio, have a look at their website: https://rebelbasemedia.io/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £20,000-£25,000 dependant on experience
Location: Sheffield Technology Parks, Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NS
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to securing a permanent role
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
● Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
● A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
● Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
● Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an online application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-06. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical tasks would include:
● Building your knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
● Listening to briefs, working on extended projects and feeding back progress to other members of the business
● Creatively exploring different ways in which you could utilise technology to enhance the business’ product offering
● Building upon the progress already made on the Captivate and Poductivity brands
● Helping podcasters around the world reach the biggest audience possible
● Helping a small but dedicated team drive forward other elements of the business, including opportunities to be involved in huge international events
● And maybe, just maybe, we’ll get you doing a podcast too!
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
● A graduate of any IT-based degree (computer science is preferred), provided you have some knowledge and a passion for AI or machine learning
● Able to work independently
● Able to manage long-term projects, and provide timely feedback on progress
● Creative, able to think in different ways about how to use technology to provide a better customer experience
Any of the following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not!
● Some past experience in data science, even if its just hobby/fun projects
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Green Spark
- Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland
- Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited
- Contracts Coordinator, Welfare Call
- Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneratio...
- Engineering Manager, Ernest Wright
- Graduate Account Executive, Ant Marketing
- Graduate Business Development Executive, KAT Communications
- Graduate Consultant, Marjolo
- Graduate Estimator, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Graduate International Project Assistant (UK and International...
- Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10
- Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research
- Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe
- Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe
- Marketing Executive, Prima Industries Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Paralegal, Dawson Radford Solicitors
- Process Improvement Engineer, Pryor Marking Technology
- Production Controller, Prima Industries Ltd
- Projects Engineer, Jenx
- Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical
- SEO Account Executive, SEO Works
- Software Developer, Homely Apartments
- Solutions Sales Person, DeeperThanBlue
- Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable
- Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK