Contracts Coordinator, Welfare Call - Barnsley
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you an analytical graduate who is keen to apply your skills in a company that makes a difference to helping young people? If so, this opportunity could be perfect for you! The business helps monitor the attendance of vulnerable schoolchildren, so you would be helping to improve the welfare of those that need it most. You would be working on contracts for current and prospective clients, allowing you to be creative in winning work for the company. By showcasing the impact of Welfare Call’s previous work, you will help to grow the company and expand the reach of the service the company provides.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Welfare Call, a company that specialises in the monitoring of attendance for vulnerable school children. Monitoring more than 29,000 looked after children, in over 8,300 schools every day, they operate in England and Scotland and provide an important function in safeguarding vulnerable children. They work with designated teachers and social workers to monitor the attendance and improve the wellbeing of students. The business has evolved from a pen and paper operation to utilising technology and expanding their cloud capabilities. Through ePep and an in-house analytics tool, they have revolutionised their ways of working, and are looking to continue to help children in an efficient and cost-effective way for local authorities. To find out more, have a look at their website: https://www.welfarecall.com/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000 - £18,000
Location: The Welfare Call Group, BBIC, Snydale Road, Cudworth, Barnsley, S72 8RP
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: 6 months, with a view to securing a permanent role
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-08. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
As a Contracts coordinator, you will be responsible for submitting tenders and winning new work, as well as maintaining current client relationships. Typical activities might include:
• Evaluating requirements and guidelines of tender documents
• Writing tender bids to win the business work in new areas, utilising graphs, graphics and other media to ensure proposals are engaging and of a high standard
• Maintaining existing contracts and liaising with existing customers, managing record keeping for all contract related correspondence and documentation
• Ensuring that all Account Managers are aware of the start and end of their contracts
• Drafting, evaluating and executing contracts
• Being responsible for various contract-related documentation, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as required
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate from any degree discipline (Business Studies, English or Law are preferred)
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Have excellent literacy skills with extensive vocabulary
• Be deadline driven with excellent time management skills
• Be able to multitask and prioritise workload
• Have a high attention to detail
|Degree:||Be a graduate from any degree discipline (Business Studies, English or Law are preferred)|
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£16,000 - £18,000|
|Advertised until:||Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Green Spark
- Assistant Manager, Cocoa Wonderland
- Assistant Project Manager, Barlow Interiors Limited
- Digital Communications Coordinator, The Coalfields Regeneratio...
- Engineering Manager, Ernest Wright
- Graduate Account Executive, Ant Marketing
- Graduate Business Development Executive, KAT Communications
- Graduate Consultant, Marjolo
- Graduate Estimator, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Graduate International Project Assistant (UK and International...
- Graduate Microsoft Consultant, Yoko:10
- Graduate Research Coordinator, KADA research
- Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe
- Graduate Software Implementation Consultant, Wharncliffe
- Marketing Executive, Prima Industries Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Airmaster Air Conditioning Ltd
- Paralegal, Dawson Radford Solicitors
- Process Improvement Engineer, Pryor Marking Technology
- Product Engineer, Rebel Base Media
- Production Controller, Prima Industries Ltd
- Projects Engineer, Jenx
- Quality Assurance Officer, Granton Medical
- SEO Account Executive, SEO Works
- Software Developer, Homely Apartments
- Solutions Sales Person, DeeperThanBlue
- Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable
- Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK