Graduate Software Development Analyst, Wharncliffe - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a great opportunity for an analytical and ambitious graduate looking to progress quickly within the world of software development. Wharncliffe are a market leading IT solutions company with over 35 years of experience supporting small and large businesses around the UK. You’ll be responsible for developing new software, as well as testing existing software using the latest tools and techniques. You will be playing an important role in the continuing development of our market leading IT solution, while working with a highly skilled team of 30 in a challenging but encouraging environment.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Wharncliffe, a family-run IT business based in Barnsley. They are well respected within the industry, having started in 1981, and they offer a range of business solutions around software, including Sage 200 accounting and commercials software, their own Realitex200 vertical market solution, and infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure Cloud. They specialise in the implementation, development and ongoing support of these systems for their clients, providing a truly end-to-end service. You’ll be around a friendly team, many of whom have over 10 years’ experience working at Wharncliffe, giving you a great opportunity to learn and develop your knowledge from industry experts. Find out more at https://wharncliffe.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £19,000 - £23,000 dependent on degree/experience level, with incremental increases planned from day one.
Location: Wentworth Industrial Park, Maple Road, Tankersley, Barnsley, S75 3DL
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of role: Permanent – they recruit for the long term!
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE positions you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-03. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be assisting in redeveloping existing solution to .net/C# as well as working on web-based development using a range of languages. Typical activities will include:
• Developing of quality software
• Analysing requirements and functionality of code
• Creating specifications
• R&D work on products/development tools/platforms
• Testing the software you develop, fixing any faults you find
• Documenting changes
• Estimating development timescales for changes
• Assisting the support team with issues to help identify the cause within the code
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will be:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline but Computer Science or IT-related degrees would be preferred
• Analytical, able to problem solve and apply a methodical approach
• Driven, with a commitment to “get the job done”
• Able to work both independently and within a team
• Organised, able to manage workload
Any of the following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not!
• Practical development experience in any of the languages mentioned above
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£19,000 - £23,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.