Sports Coordinator, Totally Runable - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a rare opportunity for a graduate who is passional about sports, education and social equity to work with an exciting young company that believes every person has the potential to be great. You will support and assist in delivery of high quality physical and mindset training to girls in upper KS2 and lower KS3, female school staff and adult women at various locations – empowering and inspiring confidence in sport, exercise and life. This could easily be the most fun and rewarding job you’ve ever had, so on your marks, get set, apply!
What’s the business all about?
The business is Totally Runable, an incredible organisation that uses running as a tool to help women and girls build confidence in sport, exercise and life; as well as supporting schools to make the most of their PE, sport and physical activity provision. Founded by an Olympian and a Lawyer, the business has high standards and work hard to meet them, whilst still having fun on the way. They truly believe in personal development and work hard to create a supportive and honest environment that will empower and inspire you to be the best version of yourself. As part of Team Totally Runable, you can expect to become part of a tight-knit team and a commitment to support your personal and professional development. Find out more at: www.totallyrunable.com
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £15,500pa
Location: The office is based at Barnsley Business & Innovation Centre, Innovation Way, Barnsley, S75 1JL; but you’ll spend much of your time at different schools around South and West Yorkshire
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of internship: Permanent, with six months’ probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE intern?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE17-02. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
• Supporting and assisting with the delivery of courses and one-off physical activity sessions (predominantly running)
• Developing an understanding of mindset theory
• Supporting and assisting with the delivery of mindset training
• Building relationships with primary schools, secondary schools and multi academy trusts
• Supporting and assisting with event planning and delivery
• Supporting and assisting with delivery of holiday clubs
• Developing and creating resources for holiday clubs, courses and one-off events
What type of person are they looking for?
As part of Team Totally Runable, you will be expected to lead by example in your role, so honesty and commitment to work towards being the best version of yourself is required. The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline and possess GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Possess a full UK driving license and access to a car
• Be confident, friendly and energetic, with the ability to form good working relationships
• Be dependable, well organised and have high attention to detail
• Have patience and empathy, and be passionate about making the world a better place
• Understand the importance of active learning and participation in educational opportunities
• Have an active interest in your own fitness and being physically active – you’ll spend a good proportion of your role out on the playground so a good general level of fitness and an enjoyment of running is key!
• Possess good verbal, written and presentation skills; plus the confidence to speak to people over the phone
• Be IT literate and able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Have a love of learning and be willing to work towards future qualifications
• Be happy to do whatever you can to support your team members, including holding them to account for the things they say they will do and letting them know when you think things could be improved
It would be great if you had the following, but don’t be put off if not!
• Be social media-savvy, able to use Facebook and Instagram
• Relevant qualifications like Sports Coaching Qualifications, First Aid or a Level
2 Fitness Qualification
|Degree:||Any degree discipline|
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.