Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer, Eurovalve UK - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a broad role for a personable and logical graduate to provide an essential link between the customer, colleagues, suppliers and management. You will manage your own client projects, from picking up their initial enquiries, using consultancy skills to understand their needs, advising them on the product that is most suitable, and following up after the process is completed to ensure they get an excellent experience. By using your technical know-how and ability to really understand client needs, you will make a huge contribution to the success of an already thriving Sheffield-based business. This is not your typical Technical Sales role – think building relationships with customers and assisting with marketing, not cold calling!
What’s the business all about?
The business is Eurovalve UK, a provider of valves, actuation and control equipment to some of the UK and Europe’s leading manufacturers. Despite being small, the team have over 100 years’ experience in the industry and are regarded as experts in our field, having come across virtually every type of valve application that you can imagine! Despite recent expansion, the business retains its family-feel and tight-knit team – three members of the team recently completed a fundraising challenge for Bluebell Wood. Find out more at: www.eurovalve.co.uk
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £20,000 - £23,000pa plus company bonus structure and pension scheme
Location: Eurovalve (UK) Ltd, Unit 1D, Campbell Way Business Park, Campbell Way, Dinnington, Sheffield, S25 3SF
Start date: May/June 2019
Length of internship: Permanent, with six months’ probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE intern?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE18-01. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
• Building your technical knowledge of the business’ products and customer base
• Project managing each client relationship, tracking and managing their journey with the business
• Liaising with potential customers to understand their needs, considering these and making recommendations on what will work best for them
• Getting stuck into marketing activities, such as website updates and social media posting
• Identifying ways to improve customer service and make processes more efficient
• Ensuring orders are followed through and processed
• Visiting client sites to develop a better understanding of their needs
• Attending thorough in-house training
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate in any degree discipline, but Engineering is particularly welcome!
• Be positive and personable, able to communicate well with customers and colleagues at all levels of the business
• Be pro-active and able to use their initiative. This is a small team so there is plenty of scope to get involved in lots of different activities and progress quickly.
• Have excellent IT skills, including the Microsoft Office suite
• Be bright and quick to learn the technical aspects of the business’ products
• Be an excellent problem solver – a large part of your role will be discussing your clients’ needs and advising them on the best products and solutions
• Be organised and able to manage and track their own projects
The following would be beneficial, but don’t be put off if not!
• Understanding/experience of marketing
• Understanding of engineering drawing
|Degree:||Be a graduate in any degree discipline, but Engineering is particularly welcome!|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £23,000 p/a|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 07-Apr-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.