ICT Technical Analyst - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Barnsley is changing and this is bringing more opportunities for local people to enjoy new challenges and work in different ways in the service of our community. Join our team and whatever role you play you can be part of the better Barnsley we are working to create.
This post requires a Basic Criminal Record Check
Prospective employees will be required to give a reasonable account of any significant periods (6 months or more in the past 3 years) of time living abroad.
About the Post:
SAP Functional Analyst – Materials Management, Procurement, or Plant Maintenance/Customer Services (Logistics)
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council is beginning a new digital journey to ensure we have the right technology and access to the right information, to help us deliver, develop and improve local services to our customers.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity for you to play a key part in this digital journey, in what will be an exciting period of change and innovation. SAP is a corner stone of the Council’s “Digital First” strategy and we are seeking to appoint a keen and ambitious SAP Functional Analyst to join our SAP team to support the SAP Functional Specialists. The successful applicant will be pivotal in shaping the future of our established SAP landscape, particularly in the areas of Materials Management and Procurement.
We are looking for somebody with the following skills and experience:
• SAP functional & configuration skills in one or more of the following: Material Management, Procurement, or Plant Maintenance/Customer Services (Logistics).
• Knowledge of one or more of the following business processes would be a distinct advantage: Functional Locations, Equipment, Works orders and Capacity Planning, Mobile solutions, Material Masters, Stock issues and returns, BOM’s, MRP, integrated stores, Purchase orders, Requisitions and Receipting.
• Experience and knowledge of key integration points with other SAP modules i.e. SD/ FI/CO and to external systems.
• Ability to work within in a structured change process: Agile, ITIL etc.
• Capable of troubleshooting: investigating, analysing and solving software problems and mapping business requirements, processes and objectives.
• Ability to complete effective unit and integration testing for changes.
• Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
• Assist in design stages of any new requirements, understanding and interpretation of end user requirements, ensuring these are captured within the scope of any development work.
• Work with the Service Desk to facilitate incident & problem resolution.
• Work with SAP to resolve software bugs.
• Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
• Develops functional specifications and work with BASIS and ABAP personnel resources to complete object development and testing.
• Understands the business processes and how the application supports the processes. Applies this knowledge to solve problems and deliver change.
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable working in a team and independently.
If this sounds like you, then there’s never been a better or more exciting time to come join us, so if you’d like to be part of our success and help us on our digital journey to a brighter future for Barnsley, then please apply now – we’d love to hear from you!
In return the Council is able to offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package including generous leave entitlement, exemplary work life balance initiatives including flexible and home working and a market leading Final Salary Pension scheme.
Barnsley Council has been awarded a Gold standard for Investors in People and as such, extensive training and career development opportunities are available.
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Fri 01-Feb-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.