Marketing Assistant - MANVERS, Rotherham, S.Yorks
Santoro is a London design house founded in 1985, and we spend our days making beautiful things.
Since starting out from our first little studio tucked away just behind London’s iconic Carnaby Street, we have created numerous collections based around our love of art, colour and creativity. From that simple idea we have grown and grown into the internationally renowned and award winning design house we are today, still striving to create an abundance of precious things for people to collect, enjoy and treasure.
The entrepreneurial spirit established by founders Lucio and Meera Santoro set the company on a distinct path of innovation and growth, and with the strong global brand success we are achieving today this is a really exciting time to be a part of the SANTORO team. As we continue to grow we’re always on the lookout for intelligent, imaginative and enthusiastic people to share our values and be part of our warm, friendly, creative and entrepreneurial team.
Our beautiful collections include lifestyle products, stationery, fashion accessories and gifts, including Santoro’s international award winning 3D pop-ups, and the captivating and heartfelt Santoro’s Gorjuss™.
For more information visit www.santoro-london.com.
This is a brilliant entry-level opportunity to join a fast-paced and varied sales & marketing department to assist with a variety of different tasks and projects.
Of course, experience would be useful, but if you have passion and enthusiasm, and are intelligent with great attention to detail, then all the training you need will be provided.
We are looking for a resilient individual with grit and determination, an excellent eye for detail, an energy and passion to succeed, and a non-corporate approach to business.
What the job includes:
- Creative writing for our marketing materials, e-commerce, social media and PR. You’ll need to be able to understand and work within our company branding to ensure that we maintain a consistent voice across all of our marketing activity. The role includes proofreading across digital and collateral to ensure that grammar, product codes, pricing and all product detail is accurate and correct.
- Preparation, execution & monitoring of specific sales and marketing strategies, including the creation and production of mailshots (paper and digital) and tracking their success.
- Co-ordination of social media ensuring a professional and creative online presence with both consumers and business partners. You understand the concept of social media, and by partnering this with the company’s objectives you will be able to come up with new, creative and innovative ideas and solutions – always with the objective of driving sales revenue. You will also track the success and results of each post through google analytics and internal processes to ensure that all digital activity has a positive result.
- Providing support to our UK sales team by distributing marketing literature to customers, recording the activity on our ERP system to ensure that results can be tracked, and setting up access to our digital facilities.
- Sample logging. We handle all new product samples and these need to be logged and checked timely to ensure that we have accurate information in our sales teams and tradeshows.
- Liasing with bloggers and influencers. We have some great relationships with bloggers and influencers and are looking to increase the work that we do in this area. The role will involve liasing with any that contact us, but also to seek out new contacts to start up new relationships to ensure that all of our product categories are represented and reviewed.
- Various administrative tasks as required to ensure that the marketing function is fully supportive of our commercial business needs.
What we are looking for in you…
- Attention to detail: You have excellent creative writing skills. Probably a member of the “grammar police” your command of the English language means you can write clearly and accurately and alter the style and prose depending on the task at hand, but can also create the best puns and enjoy an intelligent and creative play on words ... and you would rather eat slugs than submit copy that contained a typo or grammatical error!
- Knowledge: A clear understanding of social media coupled with a creative and innovative mindset – we’re talking about business to consumer here, so there’s plenty of fun to be had.
- Positivity: a positive individual who can handle a hectic schedule … with a smile! You’ll naturally be a “glass half full” type.
- Independence: you don’t require constant supervision and are able to ask for help when necessary.
- Resilience: with a gut full of grit and determination you are not the type who stumbles at the first “block in the road” (and will also aim not only to work out how you can overcome the block, but will also consider how this block can be completely overcome and obliterated!)
- Energy: it is said that “one reaps what one sows” and you are prepared to work the hours necessary to be the very best that you can be rather than being hemmed in by the boring and corporate “9 to 5” mentality.
- Vision: you can see the end goal and have the patience and stamina to work towards this by playing the long game – success in business is a marathon and not a sprint!
- Highly motivated: You are determined, tenacious, resilient and persuasive, with excellent organisational skills … energy is your middle name and you want to be the best in all that you do. In an environment where others may not have the same approach as you, you are focussed enough to ignore them (why should they hold you back?!) so in an environment where others are the same you will thrive, grow, and work within a team to ensure everyone achieves their dreams.
- Multi-tasking: you will have many different things to work on at the same time, and you will have the ability to “spin those plates” without any of them dropping.
- Inquisitive nature: you want to learn, you need to learn, and you are humble enough to know that we all still have lots to learn … and to achieve this you will probe, ask questions, and research … whether that be via the internet or from our experienced team (who want to share all of their knowledge and experience with you).
- Clear thinking: You have the patience and the ability to cope within a fast and furious environment … if you want to come to work and know exactly what will happen that day then this isn’t the job for you … and in fact, the same applies if you prefer to know what the next week will bring … you’re going to need to be flexible, free-thinking, and able to deal with the swerves and changes that come with working within an entrepreneurial and creative organisation like ours.
- Clever: you have achieved top grades in your studies and have an intelligent and cultured mindset.
- Organised: whether you love written lists, outlook tasks, or can simply rely on your memory, you are highly organised, and this manifests itself in your tidy workspace, clarity of thought, and ability to hit deadlines.
- Tech savvy: You have a strong working understanding of Microsoft word and excel, as well as an understanding of the business uses of social media. If you have experience of google analytics that would be useful too (*also see “inquisitive nature” above … if you don’t know how to use GA, by now you’ve already probably gone online to see what you can quickly learn … that’s what we mean by inquisitive), as would some html coding ability (but that’s not essential, just an interesting extra skill).
- Tenacity: you never, never, ever give up … never.
What you can expect from us…
- The opportunity to increase skills, knowledge, ability and performance with an internationally renowned and entrepreneurial brand leader.
- To become part of a passionate and motivated team of like-minded colleagues.
- Job satisfaction and long term career progression.
- The opportunity to work with some pretty amazing products.
It’s hard work, and we expect the highest of standards and results, but for the individual with the right mindset it’s fun, rewarding and exhilarating!
|Skills & experience||
Essential: accurate and intelligent copy writing skills.
Not essential but rather useful: knowledge of google analytics and/or some html coding ability.
|Degree:||Any related ... it is more important to display energy, vision and dynamism than have studied a specific subject.|
|Location:||MANVERS, Rotherham, S.Yorks|
|Salary:||To be discussed at interview - entry level role.|
|Advertised until:||Thu 24-Jan-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.