Business Process Analyst (Trainee), OSL Cutting Technologies - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate who can demonstrate a strong combination of analytical and problem solving skills to support an established and successful Sheffield based manufacturing group looking to deliver on their next phase of growth.
Working with the group’s principal and fastest growing subsidiary you will report directly to the Operations Manager, working on a wide range of projects, across all departments, to develop and enhance the company’s business systems and processes . You will gain first-hand experience of and exposure to the operational, commercial and financial functions of the organisation. After an intensive induction and training program your activities will contribute directly to the ongoing improvements in efficiency and productivity that the business needs to make to retain its competitive edge.
What’s the business all about?
The business is OSL Cutting Technologies, part of an established c£35M pa group of Sheffield Manufacturing companies (the OSL Group), that has grown through acquisitions and integration of different brands. OSL Cutting Technologies itself is a world-class manufacturer of hole cutting solutions made up of individual brands, like Rotabroach, Powerbor and Hall Tools. Other businesses in the OSL Group include Scandura, CQR Security and Owen Springs, and they mainly support and supply the engineering, rail, automotive and security industries. The group prides itself on being part of the lifeblood of Sheffield and is dedicated to giving back to the region – think apprenticeship programmes for local students, competing in the Master Cutler’s Challenge and fundraising for charities like Help for Heroes and Brathay Trust.
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £24,000pa
Location: Burgess Works, Burgess Road, Sheffield, S9 3WD
Start date: January 2019
Length of role: Permanent, with six months’ probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre (if completed)
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an application form (link below), entering your Cover Letter and CV details. In your cover letter make sure you explain why you are applying for the role, your relevant skills and experience and what interests you about the business.
What would you be doing?
Your job role is project-based and will flex depending on the needs of the business, but typical activities might include:
• Recommend process efficiencies, strategies for improvement, and/or solutions to align technology with business strategies.
• Work with business users to structure and develop new ways of working, using a combination of existing and new software to enhance productivity and performance of the business.
• Perform training and new user onboarding.
• Provide support for the company’s core business applications.
• Assist with user acceptance testing, producing test plans on new developments and providing support to system launches outside of business hours.
• Support in monthly management meetings
• To support the Operations Manager with day to day activities.
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
● Be a graduate in any discipline, the priority is to find the best talent regardless of background. Graduates in Mathematics, IT, Computing or Technical (Scientific/Engineering) disciplines with an interest in business and commerce would be particularly well suited for this role.
● Possess strong intellect, be analytical in approach and capable of working with large volumes of data and business processes to identify and implement change that best supports the needs of the organisations various departments.
● Be a strong and persuasive communicator, comfortable working with colleagues at all levels across the business.
● Be driven, be well organised, and seeking genuine challenge and opportunity for progression and increasing responsibility within a business where results will be rewarded.
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 10-Dec-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.