Office Coordinator, Allen West & Foster Financial Services - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a great opportunity to join and grow with a small financial services business in Sheffield. Being a one-person business means that you would have a real impact and play a huge part in the continued growth and success of AWFFS in the future. The administrative position will allow you to get familiar with the company and its clients, giving you fantastic experience in the world of financial services. Through engaging and liaising with clients, as well as conducting research and assisting with office duties, you would be working on current projects, whilst simultaneously developing your own skills to help deal with clients in the future. There is huge scope to grow and develop as part of the company, with the possibility of a management position in the future.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Allen West & Foster Financial Services, an independent financial advisory business who are separate from, but work alongside Alan West & Foster Chartered Accountants. You would be joining a 1-person financial services company, established in May 2018, who offer independent financial advice to individuals and small companies. The company specialises in investments, pensions/retirement planning, life cover and other forms of protection planning and inheritance tax planning. The business does not have a website yet, but have a look at the website for Alan West & Foster Chartered Accountants, whom AWFFS is linked to, here http://www.awfca.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000 - £18,000 (dependant on experience)
Location: Broomgrove Road, Sheffield, S10 2LR
Start date: January 2019
Length of internship: Permanent with a six-month probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an application form (link below), entering your Cover Letter and CV details. In your cover letter make sure you explain why you are applying for the role, your relevant skills and experience and what interests you about the business.
What would you be doing?
There will be times when you will be working together and others where you will have to be independent. Over time, there is scope to take ownership of larger and more long-term projects. Typical activities might include:
• Improving and evolving processes and services to clients
• Organising and managing regular client communications with newsletters, emails, letters and via website
• Building relationships with clients, other companies and contacts
• Preparing annual and quarterly valuations and reports for client review meetings
• Processing and handling the administration of new business cases from enquiry to completion using the iO (intelligent office) back-office system and liaising with providers and clients as part of that process
• Using various other software and systems to produce research reports and files for clients
• Dealing with incoming calls and emails and handling queries from both clients and providers
• Updating and maintaining back office system (iO) and electronic files. Ongoing data housekeeping, cleansing and processing
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate from any degree discipline (business or finance related degrees are preferred), provided you are interested in financial advice
• Have a will to succeed and apply oneself, using initiative, integrity and ambition
• Have good standards of numeracy, literacy and accuracy
• Be computer literate – word, excel, email and online tools, or a willingness to learn quickly
• Be organised – time/diary management and project management are big parts of the role
• Have strong good communication and interpersonal skills
• Be proactive in solving problems and be able to adapt to changing situations
• Potential willingness to study and obtain financial services qualifications, subject to development plans and needs of the business
|Degree:||Be a graduate from any degree discipline (business or finance related degrees are preferred), provided you are interested in financial advice|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£16,000 - £18,000 (dependant on experience)|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 10-Dec-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.