Digital Media Designer, Horizon Guides - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a fun, rapidly growing and ethical start-up business within the travel industry. You’ll be joining a team of passionate and dedicated people in Sheffield where there is a huge emphasis on positive culture and personal development. You will predominantly be designing and producing a growing range of travel guides, you’ll play a big part in shaping the direction of products and the business in general. With the opportunity for flexible working, the role will be engaging and stimulating certainly have a lot of fun and will look back wondering where the time went!
What’s the business all about?
The business is Horizon Guides who have a passion for travel and want to share their experiences with others! They publish free-to-download travel guides to help others discover, plan and book their next adventure. They are extremely proud that all guides are free, and are entirely focused around ensuring the traveller has the best experience possible. The guides are researched and authored by destination experts and professional travel writers, with in-depth local knowledge and genuine first-hand expertise. Their values shine brightly through the organisations they support, such as ‘The Ethical Travel Guide’ and ‘Born Free’. To find out more, have a look at their website https://horizontravelpress.com/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £19,000 - £21,000 (dependant on experience)
Location: Kelham Island, Sheffield
Start date: January 2019
Length of role: Permanent, with three months’ probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an application form (link below), entering your Cover Letter and CV details. In your cover letter make sure you explain why you are applying for the role, your relevant skills and experience and what interests you about the business.
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
• Designing and producing a growing range of travel guides
• Work closely with the editorial team to turn text and images into fantastic publications in print, EDF and ebook formats
• Creating and updating master templates, designing page layouts and exporting finished products for a variety of formats
• Maintaining image libraries, helping update the website, and pitching in with other design projects as required
• Juggle multiple projects at any one time whist achieving the highest standard of attention to detail and quality of output
• Responsible for creating and fine-tuning the efficient processes that enable us to produce consistently excellent publications at high volume
• Developing new products in different media and formats, helping the business to remain at the forefront of publishing technology
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate in any degree discipline, provided that you can provide a portfolio or examples of previous design work. Design or media related degree graduates are particularly welcome!
• Be an idea generator with the confidence to share them
• Have great digital design skills, with an emphasis on desktop publishing, InDesign, and page layout/design for print and digital formats.
• Be comfortable with Adobe creative suite, and other production/design software
• Have a thorough, process-driven approach to your work and are able to maintain a focus on all the important details
• Someone who thrives in a dynamic working environment where every day is different
• Be willing to pitch in to support their colleagues
• Be a dependable self-leader who loves taking initiative
• Be prepared to supply a portfolio ahead of an interview, if successful
The following skills would be desirable, but don’t be put off if not!
• Working knowledge of other formats (ebooks, audio, video, HTML/CSS, animation, etc)
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£19,000 - £21,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 10-Dec-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.