E-commerce, Design and Marketing Graduate, Landscaping Supplies Direct - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you an organised graduate with a flair for design? This is a sales-based role that will encompass elements of social media marketing, e-commerce sales and even logistics, so it’s fantastic for a creative and personable graduate who is looking to experience multiple elements of working in a small business. Working directly alongside the MD in a small team, you will have tonnes of responsibility and the opportunity to work on your own varied projects. The business already has a strong online presence and it will be your job to keep developing this further.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Landscaping Supplies Direct (LSD for short!), a Sheffield-based business that is rapidly becoming one of the UKs leading online suppliers for garden and landscaping supplies. The business caters to a wide range of customers, from independent garden designers to local authorities and the general public. They pride themselves on their high-quality products, their many years of industry experience and their fantastic customer service. The business has embraced the world of online sales/E-commerce, so they already have a strong web presence and strategy, which you will help develop further. The business owners are very well-connected in the Sheffield business community, so as an extra bonus, all employees get staff discount at Bamboo Door – a Hawaiian inspired bar in Sheffield City Centre. To find out more, visit their website: www.lsd.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000 - £18,000pa, depending on skills and experience
Location: Hardcores House, Rawson Spring Road, Sheffield, S6 1PD
Start date: November/December 2018
Length of role: Permanent, with 6 months probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an application form (link below), entering your Cover Letter and CV details. In your cover letter make sure you explain why you are applying for the role, your relevant skills and experience and what interests you about the business.
What would you be doing?
Typical activities in the role may include:
• Managing social media platforms, if this is something you are interested in. This will include monitoring the success of social media campaigns, updating content and responding to up enquiries
• Managing E-commerce platforms, including inputting products into online systems, keeping prices up-to-date and managing correspondence with e-customers
• Logistics – organising and dealing with suppliers and deliveries
• Speaking on the phone with prospective clients, helping to promoting LSD’s product range
• Assisting with admin and general business tasks – this is a small business so expect to muck in with everything, including answering phones and dealing with product enquiries!
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will also:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline
• Be interested in the world of e-commerce and digital marketing
• Personable and good at building relationships with people. Someone with confidence and a good sense of humour will feel at home in this business!
• Be comfortable using spreadsheets
• Be commercially minded and understand how a good online presence will contribute to the success of the business
• Be organised and driven – there’s a lot to do and an ambitious graduate will go far.
|Degree:||Be a graduate of any degree discipline|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||: £16,000 - £18,000pa, depending on skills and experience|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 10-Dec-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.