Operations Analyst, Homely Apartments - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted discipline that enables all parts of the company to thrive, generate profit and deliver a fantastic service to customers. For every trade agreed, every new product launched, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. As an Operations Analyst, you will be integral to the success of the company. You will use research and data to understand how processes and systems function and use your understanding to suggest improvements that will impact the whole business. As an Analyst, you must be logical and methodical, with excellent numerical reasoning skills, but you also need good communication skills to allow you to successfully pitch operational changes to colleagues across the whole business.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Homely Serviced Apartments, a provider of flexible, hassle-free apartments in Sheffield City Centre. Cheaper and more luxurious than a hotel, and far less hassle than a normal apartment, the business offers affordable luxury Serviced Apartments. The business values themselves on being reliable, friendly and delivering everything they do to a high-standard, so much so that they have been nominated for the ASAP Serviced Apartment Marketing Award 2017 and for a Sheffield Business Award! As an exciting Sheffield start-up that was founded by a University of Sheffield alum, the business has been supported by USE (University of Sheffield Enterprise) and were winners of the USE Evolve Business Competition. To find out more, visit their website: www.homelyapartments.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,500pa
Location: Homely Serviced Apartments, 7th Floor, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
Start date: November/December 2018
Length of internship: Permanent with a six month probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an application form (link below), entering your Cover Letter and CV details. In your cover letter make sure you explain why you are applying for the role, your relevant skills and experience and what interests you about the business.
What would you be doing?
Aa new analyst, you will have opportunities to connect and collaborate with colleagues across the company, as well as meaningful access to thought-leaders through an active sponsorship model. Throughout your onboarding and integration, senior leadership will also play a critical role in providing guidance and mentorship to help you succeed. Typical activities in your day-to-day role might include:
• Ensure that quality standards and consistency is maintained across all company functions
• Ensure continuous compliance with quality and management accreditations that the company has been accredited with
• Document processes
• Analyse existing process and systems and suggest improvements
• Co-ordinate and liaise with contracting staff on a daily basis.
• Liaise with suppliers on a daily basis
• Provide account management support to corporate clients
• Pro-actively identify operational problems before they appear, resolve them timely, with the least amount of resources
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate of any degree discipline, provided you are highly motivated and demonstrate achievements in academic or extracurricular activities
• Be analytical and methodical, with excellent research and numerical reasoning skills
• Have an outstanding ability of attention to detail
• Have excellent communication interpersonal skills – you should be able forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Be intellectually curious, open-minded and always striving to find ways to improve
• Be passionate and self-motivated
• Show a strong sense of teamwork and have the potential to become a great leader
• Be customer-focussed by putting your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs
• Be keen to drive your own development whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same
• Listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results
• Demonstrate a can-do attitude and drive to overcome obstacles
• Understand risk management and be aware of its serious importance
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 10-Dec-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.