Brake, the road safety charity
Introduction to our cause and work Deaths and injuries in road crashes, and the extensive pollution caused by road traffic, are...
Chemical Products Manager - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
Ossila is a company that services the international scientific community by providing a range of products that makes research in materials science faster, cheaper and easier.
To apply send a CV and covering letter to <email@example.com>. A more detailed outline of the roles and responsibilities of the job can be found on our website: Ossila.com.
As the company and customer base expands, handling of chemicals becomes an ever larger and important role within our business.
To begin with, the role will focus on training and operations – essentially acting as a technician to decant materials and make inks. Over time this will then include re-ordering chemicals, customer service and supply chain management. As the company continues to grow, we expect the job will evolve to include helping to create better, more reliable processes that will be able to scale with our growing demand and range of products on offer and essentially manage our chemical stock and operations. Currently chemicals/materials represent around 40% of Ossila’s business and is typically doubling in size every two years.
We are therefore looking for someone who is able to:
• Act as a highly competent technician to begin with while training
• Manage chemical stock while still being hands-on in the medium term
• Manage business processes and people in the long term
The candidate will gain practical customer service experience working in a small, fast-growing company. They will learn how to work with CRMs, process requisition forms, stock re-ordering and stock management systems, and have the potential to learn other skills.
We are looking for someone who can take responsibility for all of the day-to-day handling and management of our chemicals including:
• Decanting and packaging orders for customers (around 50% of time at present)
• Preparing perovskite inks for customers
• Maintaining quality and performing or contracting analysis where necessary
• Maintaining the stock database and re-ordering chemicals from either internal or external manufacturers
• Safety compliance throughout the entire handling process from raw-materials-in to finished-products-out.
• Liaising with customers and resolving customer queries and requests.
In addition, there is the opportunity to take on responsibility for some additional roles within our new laboratory facilities we are creating such as the fabrication of OFET test chips or further developing our chemical supply chain.
However, the primary role will always be to manage our chemical stock and chemical orders to ensure that our customers receive on-time, high quality, safety-compliant deliveries. The role will therefore report into the operations team under our general manager to ensure integration with our order fulfilment team but will also need to work closely with our scientists throughout the rest of Ossila including the chemical synthesis team, our H&S manager and perovskite scientist.
In the long term this job will be at the intersection of people, information and chemicals. Since the customer service team is the main point of contact for our international customer base, excellent communication skills and a pleasant manner are essential. Meanwhile an ability to work effectively with spreadsheets and data systems is essential for the long term progression.
|Skills & experience||
• An understanding of H&S, COSHH and risk assessments.
• Great communication skills and a desire to put customers first
• Highly organised and self-motivated
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Strong desire for learning and self-improvement
• Good IT skills including Excel
• Good manual dexterity
• Previous chemical laboratory experience
• Experience with databases
|Degree:||A degree in chemistry, materials science or related discipline.|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Closing date:||Closed Tue 18-Dec-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.