Project Manager, LMC Products Ltd. - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
From sourcing business, right through designing their solutions, this is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate with knowledge of engineering or architecture to work for a rapidly growing cladding supply company. By understanding LMC’s products and how it plays a part in the building industry, you will be able to promote the products to potential clients around the country. The business is offering huge benefits, including a company car, mobile and laptop to facilitate UK travel with ongoing support from the Sheffield-based team. The role revolves around building relationships with clients and helping them choose the right products for their needs. You will have the responsibility of taking on new clients and managing their projects through to completion by yourself - no micromanaging! If you love travelling, meeting and engaging with new people, and are keen to experience project management, then this is the perfect role for you to kickstart your career and build your network.
What’s the business all about?
LMC Products Ltd is an exterior cladding supplier, supplying lightweight stone honeycomb panels to residential and commercial building sectors. The business is thriving after working with the Berkeley and Murphy groups, two of the largest developers in the country, and they are now looking to grow the business with new and existing projects. With only three team members currently, you will be part of a small, close-knit office, getting involved with current projects such as the Berkeley group, who are housing survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire. LMC Products pride themselves on honest service, believing it’s not about the quickest solution, but the best quality. To find out more visit http://lmcfacades.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £23,000 plus a performance related bonus (and don’t forget the company car, mobile and laptop!)
Location: Knowle House, 4 Norfolk Park, Sheffield S2 3QE
Start date: December 2018/January 2019
Length of internship: Permanent with a six-month probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an application form (link below), entering your Cover Letter and CV details. In your cover letter make sure you explain why you are applying for the role, your relevant skills and experience and what interests you about the business.
What would you be doing?
From day one you will be diving right in, getting to know the product and building your confidence. Typical activities might include:
• Actively seeking new leads and opportunities
• Presenting to possible new clients with the aim of securing new projects
• Project Management, from the specification stage to implementation
• Supporting the specifications team at the design stage
• Reviewing the building construction drawings and also the façade panel design drawings.
• Liaising with new clients, such as architects, facades consultants, and major contractors
• Working in conjunction with a field sales contractor representative
• Spending time with the key contractor bid teams
• Travelling nationally to engage with clients, predominantly in London and the South
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate from a degree discipline heavily involving the design and investigation of facades and envelopes of buildings, such as structural engineering or architecture.
• Have experience with CAD/CAM software in designing or analysis of building facades and exteriors.
• Be able to carry out CPD presentations
• Have experience analysing and understanding construction drawings
• Have an analytical mind, with strong attention to detail
• Be friendly, outgoing and confident to meet and build relationships with architects and major contractors
• Not be scared to present or discuss the product once you know all about it
• Be meticulously organised (control freaks encouraged to apply!)
• Confident in managing different aspects of a project from start to finish
• Take the initiative to work independently
• Have excellent written and spoken English
• Hold a UK driving license
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 07-Jan-2019|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.