Technical Sales Project Manager (Life Sciences), Prospect Diagnostics - Dronfield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active and commercially minded Life Sciences graduate to apply their skills to a high profile and innovative project. The business has a partnership agreement to distribute a brand-new device that measures blood coagulation levels, and you will be critical in making organisations throughout the UK aware of this new technology. Working directly alongside the Technical Sales & Marketing Manager, you will provide an essential link between the customer, colleagues, suppliers and management. The key to this role will be a scientific mind, a drive to do well, confidence and excellent communication skills. This is a role where your talent and hard work will open up more opportunities and additional responsibility.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Prospect Diagnostics Ltd, a well-established business whose goal is to become a leading company in the supply, logistics and support of point of care medical diagnostic devices and consumables to the UK Healthcare sector. Specialising in devices used to analyse blood, they have a range of partnerships with leading diagnostics manufacturers worldwide and UK healthcare providers both NHS and private sector. Some of the products you would work with include ProTetanus,a test for anti-tetanus antibodies, fourth generation ‘Point of Care ‘ Haemoglobin Analysers and an innovative automated pupillometer with applications in intensive care medicine. Prospect Diagnostics Ltd is a rapidly expanding business in a highly competitive sector with ambitious growth plans; which explains why they are looking for a talented graduate to join them and help them achieve those plans. You can find out more about Prospect Diagnostics Ltd at www.prospectdiagnostics.co.uk
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £19,000pa
Location: Viking Court, 31 Princess Road, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2LX
Start date: November/December 2018
Length of role: Minimum six months, with an opportunity to secure a permanent role subject to performance.
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE17-05. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Working with guidance from the Managing Director, Technical Sales & Marketing Manager and global manufacturers (including USA, France, Holland, Poland and Germany) you will provide additional technical capacity/market understanding to support colleagues and find new innovative routes to market.
Typical activities might include:
• Building your technical knowledge of the business systems and products
• Writing and delivering product presentations through webinars
• Creating audio-visual and interactive web content to demonstrate products
• Attending site visits alongside the Technical Manager
• Providing a technical back up to colleagues in the absence of the Managing Director and Technical Manager
• Developing new ways of promoting products into the UK Healthcare sector.
• Developing and writing web, blogs and social media content as appropriate to diverse channels into the market with a view to building brand awareness
What type of person are they looking for?
The successful person will be:
• A Graduate of any Life Science degree, for example Biology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Biomedical Science, Microbiology etc. An understanding of immunoassays and oxygen transport mechanisms would be an asset (but not essential).
• Analytical and interested in technical detail
• Someone who adopts a logical and systematic approach
• Able to get along well with others and join an established team
• Able to think on their feet – asking relevant questions at the right time
• A confident communicator with staff internally, the external sales teams and customers
• Good telephone manner
• A confident and comfortable presenter
• Computer literate and familiar with MS Office XL and web-based technologies
• Efficient and accurate with a good eye for detail
• Motivated by doing a thorough job
• Keen to learn from others in order to develop skills set
• Open to learn the basics first and to develop from that point
|Location:||Dronfield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Thu 25-Oct-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.