How would we sum it up? From sourcing business, right through designing their solutions, this is a fantastic opportunity for...
Graduate Trainee, Crampton & Moore - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate looking for rapid career progression, and to wrap their head around the ‘big picture’ of a quickly growing digital and electrical equipment retailer. You will get experience in all aspects of the business, including Operations, Logistics, Marketing, E-Commerce, Analysis and more. On track for a post as a Graduate Trainee, you’ll spend your first three months splitting your time between head office and the company’s four South Yorkshire stores, with the main objective being maximum knowledge gain about the business, its products and the wider industry. The key players include Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic, so if you want to work with big brands but enjoy the flexible style of a smaller business, this is just the role for you.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Crampton & Moore, a well-established and highly esteemed TV, audio, electrical and digital retailer with four stores and numerous online trading avenues. They are one of the largest independent suppliers of Samsung products, and work closely with lots of other digital ‘big brands’. They’ve received five awards for the quality of their online retail and are consistently given five star ratings by review bodies such as Google, Trustpilot and Trusted Shops. Operating for 50 years and now with 38 employees, the business is seeing huge growth for the company through new online avenues, and wants to train up a new Graduate Trainee to capitalise on these. They are trebling their warehouse space this year, so the successful graduate is joining during an exciting period of growth. To find out more, visit www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £17-19,000pa depending on skills and experience, with bonus payments as you progress
Location: Shortwood Court, Shortwood Business Park, Hoyland, Barnsley S74 9LH
Start date: November/December 2018
Length of internship: Permanent with a six-month probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE roles you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE17-18. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
This is a training contract that will get you upskilled across the business, typical activities might include:
• Reviewing and implementing online and physical marketing opportunities
• Spending time in-store learning how operations and logistics run. You might be tasked with reviewing sales for set items or product areas, shadowing colleagues to quickly learn how the business operates or reviewing stock levels compared to sales
• Learning the various e-commerce, e-marketing and online stock control and delivery applications across the companies various selling platforms
• Dealing with key suppliers to manage the selling and supply of products to consumers
• Analysing the market and competition to make sure the company maintains its competitiveness and offers a market leading service
• Gain experience in all aspects of the business to get an overall understanding of how the business operates
What type of person are they looking for?
The successful person for the role will:
• Be a graduate from any degree discipline
• Be passionate about cutting edge digital products, and excited to know what the next big tech product is going to be for consumers
• Want to understand and engage with the full breadth of a business, rather than just one part
• Have initiative and drive, and be keen to learn – your first three months is going to be all about knowledge gain!
• Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets and E-commerce applications
• Be happy dealing with customers, suppliers and colleagues on a daily basis, with excellent communication skills
• Be outgoing and decisive, and interested in commercial ‘haggling’ and striking a good deal for the company!
• Hold a driving licence and have access to a car (the company has a mileage allowance for using your own vehicle)
• There is scope for international travel as you work with more manufacturers, so a willingness (and excitement!) for this is essential.
|Degree:||Be a graduate from any degree discipline|
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Thu 25-Oct-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.