How would we sum it up? This is a great role for an entrepreneurial-minded graduate at a rapidly growing creative...
Graduate Developer, Qualsys - Sheffield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
Are you passionate about Software and want to put your skills to the test on software that is used by more than 50,000 people per day, across 120+ countries – from Melbourne to Frankfurt, Sheffield to Shanghai? This fast-growing development team are looking for a developer to work on a re-write their flagship application. You will be working on the creation of a web application, with your main responsibilities including the creation of modules, components, and unit tests in an Agile development environment. This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone who wants to join a forward-thinking, growing tech environment.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Qualsys, one of the UK’s top 5 software developers for Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC). GRC is vital to businesses to achieve objectives, address uncertainty and act with integrity. Without good GRC, businesses are at risk of high running costs, wasted resources and poor performance, so it is critical to get it right. Established in 1995, the 50-strong Qualsys team deliver software that helps some of the world’s most prestigious brands – including NHS trusts, BT Global Services, Diageo and The University of Leeds – to manage their GRC and be more successful. The business has won tonnes of awards and is proud of its friendly, open culture. Qualsys encourages a strong work/life balance and has many staff night’s out, team socials and events such as go karting and a day at the races. Find out more at https://qualsys.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £18,000 - £23,000pa, depending on skills and experience
Location: Aizlewoods Mill, Nursery St, Sheffield S3 8GG
Start date: November/December 2018
Length of role: Permanent, with 6 months’ probationary experience
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE17-28. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
As part of the team responsible for re-writing the business’ flagship application - mostly green field development – you will be writing clean and efficient code, with an eye on usability and performance.
Typical activities will include:
• Deliver complete, clean, tested, reusable UI components
• Ensure high performance on both mobile and desktop
• Be a valuable and integral part of a high functioning team
• Implementation of UI/UX designs
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a graduate of a Computer-Science related degree, or have relevant professional experience
• Have knowledge of OOD software patterns
• Be a professional, precise communicator
• Have an understanding of SQL server
|Degree:||Be a graduate of a Computer-Science related degree, or have relevant professional experience|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£18,000 - £23,000pa|
|Advertised until:||Wed 24-Oct-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Account Manager, Script Media
- Events Coordinator, Stancill Brewery
- Graduate Software Developer, Coast Form
- Graduate Software Engineer (any degree), RMS UK
- Graduate Trainee, Crampton & Moore
- International Support Coordinator, Jenx
- IT Support Engineer, Connectus
- Junior Account Manager, First Link Auto Parts
- Junior Development Analyst, My Pension Expert
- Junior Web Developer, My Pension Expert
- Marketing and Business Development Executive, Script Media
- Marketing and PR Executive, Taylor Bracewell
- Marketing and Web Manager, Throstlenest Saddlery
- Office Coordinator, Allen West & Foster Financial Services
- Office Manager (Financial Markets), IM Learning
- Project Manager, LMC Products Ltd.
- System Design Consultant, Reflex
- Technical Sales Project Manager (Life Sciences), Prospect Diag...
- Web Developer & Designer, Loud Crowd IT
- Web Developer, IT Desk UK