Allied Westminster (Insurance Services) Ltd
Permanent, full-time position. The roles are varied and interesting; the successful candidates would work on a wide variety of tasks...
Graduate Trainee- Purchasing - Leeds
This vacancy has now closed.
SPL Components Ltd
SPL Components Ltd was established in 1994 and has continued its rapid expansion to become a market leader in supplying components to UK furniture manufacturers. Whilst our customers include the leading companies in the sector, we pride ourselves on retaining a personal approach to all of our customers through our dedicated members of staff.
SPL Components Ltd are looking to recruit a determined and ambitious graduate to join their busy and expanding business in a newly created and exciting position.
This is a full time, permanent role which offers excellent career prospects as the company actively looks to develop each individual so that they can grow with the company.
This position offers a graduate the opportunity to gain experience in the purchasing department before using the acquired knowledge to develop their role into an exciting and varied role which will also include the prospect of using the developed product awareness to actively look to increase future sales.
The successful candidate will benefit from a mentored internal training programme from the Purchasing Manager. The company will also consider applicable external training programmes to further develop this role.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate a strong academic background however, previous office experience is not essential. You will need to possess excellent IT skills and a keen eye for detail. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be highly determined, enthusiastic and driven to succeed in pursuing a long term career.
This role offers a great opportunity for a graduate who is interested in pursuing a future in purchasing- but with the unique opportunity to use the acquired knowledge to create an exciting and varied career.
Initially the role would involve working solely within the purchasing department. This will give the candidate experience and knowledge in the supply chain involved and assist in the development of product knowledge.
• Stock control- extracting data from our operating system to Microsoft Excel, analysing the data in conjunction with product lead times and identifying products which require ordering.
• Raising purchase orders with suppliers for required products.
• Ensuring that orders are received on time by liaising with suppliers.
• Communicating clearly and effectively with suppliers.
• Raising issues with suppliers (eg. incorrect deliveries/quality issues) and seeing these matters through to a successful conclusion.
• The company imports a significant amount of product on extended lead times from the Far East, the candidate would be expected to maintain and update spreadsheets on these orders so that current order statuses are easily accessible by the office.
• Using received delivery notes to book stocks on to our system.
• Completing required stock reports.
• Assisting the Purchase Manager in ensuring that the purchasing department functions effectively.
As the knowledge of the successful candidate grows, the individual will remain within the Purchasing Department undertaking the above tasks, but will have the opportunity to approach future business development from a purchasing perspective.
• Looking at individual product enquiries received from customers to develop future business.
• Project work on developing new product ranges and approaching customers to gauge interest.
• Real enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
• Determination to succeed in all tasks undertaken..
• Friendly and approachable.
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
|Skills & experience||
• Good numerical ability.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• A confident telephone manner.
• A good level of IT skills (Microsoft Office etc.)
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 08-Oct-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.