SPL Components Ltd
SPL Components Ltd are looking to recruit a determined and ambitious graduate to join their busy and expanding business in...
Project Coordinator (New Product Introduction), CW Fletcher - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a fantastic role for an organised and personable graduate who wants to develop project management experience in a Sheffield business with an international reputation. As a Project Coordinator, you will act as a key liaison between the business and high-profile customers as you produce and manage all New Product Introduction (NPI) plans. To be successful, you’ll need to be incredibly organised and able to work successfully with a diverse range of people, but you’ll be rewarded with opportunities to progress in an innovative, established business.
What’s the business all about?
The business is CW Fletcher & Sons Ltd, a business at the heart of Sheffield’s engineering expertise and heritage. They have over 100 years’ experience in precision engineering and that is why they work for exceptionally demanding, global clients like Rolls Royce in sectors like aerospace, nuclear and space exploration. They are world renowned for quality and innovation, all delivered by the highly skilled team based right here in Sheffield. Everyone shares a sense of loyalty, high personal integrity, pride in high-quality work and a drive to constantly improve, diversify, grow and innovate. To find out more, visit: http://www.cwfletcher.co.uk
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £17,500pa, with the opportunity to progress after 6-months
Location: Sterling Works, Mansfield Road, Wales Bar, Sheffield, S26 5PQ
Start date: August/September 2018
Length of role: Permanent contract, with a 6 month probationary period
Perks: 35 days holidays, workplace pension, free parking and healthcare (available after you have completed your probationary period)
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE16-32. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
• Working with the appropriate managers, other employees and customers, create and maintain project plans for the introduction of new products into the company
• Hold regular meetings with multi-functional teams to review project progress, set priorities and review risks
• Ensuring timescales are met and obstacles to progression are overcome
• Maintain records on project budgets
• Liaise with customers with regards to new product introduction
• Report project progress to management and maintain a number of performance KPI’s
• Be an integral part of the engineering team providing general assistance as required
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
● Be a graduate of any degree discipline
● Be self-motivated and have good project management skills
● Experience of working in diverse teams and attending team meetings
● Have an analytical, data-driven approach to problem-solving and a drive to continually improve
● Be comfortable liaising with customers and suppliers
● A knowledge of basic machining, forming and fabrication processes would be an advantage but is not essential
● Demonstrate a good level of numeracy/literacy
● Demonstrate the ability to work alone or as part of a team
● Computer literacy with experience of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project)
● Able to communicate at all levels within the business and with customers and suppliers
|Degree:||Be a graduate of any degree discipline|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£17,500 per annum|
|Advertised until:||Closed Wed 18-Jul-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.