CAD Costings Estimator, Red Dog Linings - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate of any Engineering discipline with excellent CAD skills to put them to the test in a cutting-edge manufacturing environment. Your role will be to create CAD drawings and costings estimations for colleagues and customers, as well as acting as a liaison between the two to solve technical issues. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, highly organised and possess a flexible approach to work.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Red Dog Linings. Red Dog Linings ancestral company is the world’s first manufacturer of hardfaced plate, inventing the Bulkwelding process in 1965 and has since been a leading manufacturer of abrasion and impact resistant industrial materials. Based in Barnsley, the business has customers around the globe in a huge range of industries. From traditional industrial applications in steel, cement and glass to new industrial areas in recycling, power generation and waste to energy, Red Dog Linings name is synonymous with high performance abrasion protection. The business believes that their employees are their most prized asset and they aim to attract the best people and encourage them to develop their skills for the individual and the company. Learn more about the business by visiting their website: http://rdlinings.com/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £20,000 – £25,000pa depending on skills and experience
Location: Shawfield Road Carlton Industrial Estate, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3HS
Start date: August/September 2018
Length of role: Permanent, with six months’ probationary period
Other benefits: free on-site parking, finishing at 3:30pm on a Friday, 20 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
- Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
- A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
- Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
- Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you?
Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE16-19. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
Typical activities might include:
- Using your CAD skills to make CAD drawings, provide quotation services and Technical support to customers and colleagues
- Producing accurate costing estimates in response to customers / product developments
- Leasing with external contacts to solve technical issues
- Interpreting, assessing and producing CAD drawings in accordance with the company’s health and safety policy
- Some aspects of project management, such as managing and analysing materials for a project
- Maintaining databases to include new products and reflect any amendments to specification or procedures
- Liaising with internal colleagues regarding product set-up, routings and other technical aspects
- Regularly updating management on the progression of estimates and projects
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a graduate in any Engineering discipline
- Have experience with Auto CAD – this is essential
- Have previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, particularly Excel / Access
- Must be capable of producing work to a high standard of accuracy
- Have excellent communication skills and will be happy to develop strong relationships across all departments of the business
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working to challenging deadlines
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure but maintain excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Show flexibility with regards to changing priorities
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude
The following would be beneficial, but don’t be put off if not!
- Estimating and material costing experience
- Experience using AutoCAD Inventor is desirable
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
|Degree:||A Graduate of any Engineering discipline|
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£20,000 – £25,000pa|
|Advertised until:||Closed Wed 18-Jul-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.