Pharma Quality Assurance Officer , Crescent Pharma - Barnsley
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an exciting role for a Life Science graduate to join a thriving Pharmaceutical business at their brand-new Yorkshire base. You will use your analytical skills to get stuck into the generation and revision of Quality documentation, as well as the review and compilation of batch-related documentation, generated both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry and its procedures both in a theoretical and practical way. Working on a new site in a large SME will give you tonnes of experience in a well-established, supportive business. Despite being based in the Sheffield City Region, you will have chance to visit the other office in the south and meet the rest of the extended Crescent family.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Crescent Pharma, a fast-growing pharmaceutical company that manufactures approximately 150 generic and branded products. The business is committed to the continual development and growth in the portfolio aiming to offer a wider and diverse range of medicines. Delivering over 100 million packs in 2017, Crescent is now exporting to over 22 territories globally although remaining primarily focused on the UK market with offices and a warehouse distribution network including depots in London, the South and North England. Despite substantial recent growth in all areas of the organisation, Crescent continues to demonstrate the same quality culture and Small Business values that it has been founded on to give all stakeholders the best possible experience when working with Crescent. Find out more at www.crescentpharma.com
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £16,000pa
Location: Meadowgate, Wombwell, Barnsley S73 0UN
Start date: August/September 2018
Length of role: Permanent, with six months probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE graduate?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE16-02. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
This is a brand-new role in the business’ Barnsley Office. You will start your role with an in-depth induction covering all aspects of GMP guidance and QA training. After this, typical activities may include:
• Liaising with customers, and a huge range of internal and external colleagues, from warehouse operatives and the sales team to third-party sub-contractors
• Planning and organising own allocated workload to ensure that projects are completed within the timeframe and objectives agreed
• Maintaining quality standards in line with company policies and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the quality of Crescent Pharma’s products and sub-contractors
• Reviewing the batch manufacturing/testing/packaging documentation and Product Quality Review reports
• Liaising with, suppliers regarding quality or batch related issues, assisting with investigations and supporting the resolution of issues and with laboratories to ensure the timely analysis of products in preparation for EU certification
• Ensuring that all changes are entered into appropriate quality systems and that changes are consistently implemented to the required standards. Supporting any regulatory changes by providing relevant and appropriate data packages and reports
• Reviewing master processing documents, and packaging artwork against licence details and Technical Agreements prior to use
• Participation in internal audits as well as regulatory and external audits and providing support for assessment activities
• Writing and amending Standard Operating Procedures and Deviation Reports
• The review and processing of, and responses to customer complaints
• The creation, review and approval of process/analytical/equipment/system validation protocols and reports
• Providing training to colleagues
What type of person are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
● Be a graduate of a life science degree, e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutical Science etc.
● Possess effective time management skills with a flexible approach and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
● Be willing to learn from colleagues and keen to develop your knowledge
● Be creative and happy to share ideas
● Be self-motivated and organised with ability to work using own initiative and as a team
● Have strong attention to detail and ability to follow defined procedures and regulatory guidelines
● Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Be a competent user of IT packages, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
|Degree:||Be a graduate of a life science degree, e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutical Science etc.|
|Location:||Barnsley, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£16,000 per annum|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 15-Jul-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.