Software Engineer (.NET) - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
For over 10 years, 3Squared has been developing innovative and technically imaginative software solutions to solve customer challenges.
The technology landscape has changed at a rapid pace in recent years and this has transformed the outlook and potential for many companies. We have been at the forefront of that change because we understand how to help our clients harness the potential of technology and make it deliver value for their business.
Commercially speaking, it’s the development of our RailSmart suite which has brought us nationwide success and recognition. 3Squared is now widely associated with its trademarked software solution, RailSmart. RailSmart has been developed specifically for today’s modern rail operators and is a series of powerful business applications that help the rail sector improve safety, reduce costs, increase efficiency and enhance operational performance.
As of 2016 we are the proud recipients of a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in the innovation category, for our RailSmart suite of products.
3Squared is also currently ranked 17 in Tech North's 100 fastest growing Northern-based companies working in the technology sector.
Due to continued commercial success we need to expand our .NET Development team and would like to hear from Engineers who have recently graduated.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone starting out in their career to join a thriving business with a wonderful culture, empowering mind-set and an international reach and reputation.
You will have the opportunity to work on our Queen’s award-winning software suite, RailSmart, as well as working with a diverse client base on our other bespoke projects.
• Working with UI/UX Designers, QA Engineers and Project Managers through all stages of the
software development lifecycle.
• Implementing the most suitable architecture and development approach for any given project as decided by the Technical Architects.
• Contributing to an end of project report, analysing the success of the project and any learning points.
• Providing project estimation and risk assessments.
• Producing secure and high quality code.
• A passion for keeping up with current and future technological trends and developments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
|Skills & experience||
• Basic knowledge of technologies including:
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
• Awareness of using source code security, version control, issue monitoring and builds.
• Awareness of Test Driven Development in both enterprise and commercial applications.
• Familiarity with secure coding principles.
• Awareness of NoSQL databases.
• Awareness of message queuing technologies.
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Starting Salary £18,000 pa with incremental increases|
|Advertised until:||Closed Fri 09-Mar-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.