Marketing Executive, The Great Escape Game - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an incredible opportunity for a marketing expert to join one of Sheffield’s most exciting new businesses as they continue to grow. With plans for further expansion and no boundaries when it comes to marketing techniques, it’s a fantastic place for someone forward-thinking and creative to begin building their career. You’ll need to utilise your marketing skills and expertise to provide a unique and positive experience at each stage of the customer journey; from creating brand awareness, generating customers and driving sales leads, to building relationships with customers and ensuring high levels of retention. You’ll be part of a dynamic young team with regular staff socials, as well as plenty of opportunities for development and progression.
What is the business all about?
The business is The Great Escape Game, an innovative, award winning company who design and run immersive, Crystal Maze-style, live escape games in Sheffield and Leeds. Groups of friends, family, or work colleagues are locked in a room with only 45 minutes to solve intricate puzzles in order to escape. Since opening their first site in 2015, they have rapidly grown to host nine different games in three locations, including their newest horror-themed 18+ game, Abducted. The ‘second generation’ of escape games are more ambitious and technologically advanced than ever, and they want their marketing strategy to mirror this. Find out more at www.thegreatescapegame.co.uk.
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £18,000 per annum,
Location: St. James House, Vicar Lane, Sheffield, S1 2EX
Start date: December 2017
Length of internship: Permanent, with a six-month probationary period
What else do you get as a RISE intern?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the city, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the city
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE14-20. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so, please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You’ll be working closely with the marketing manager and brand manager to generate strategies, drive the business forward, and deliver targeted results. Typical activities will include:
• Updating and overseeing social media activity and the WordPress site
• Writing relevant, engaging copy for the website, blog, social media, direct marketing, awards, and press releases
• Developing email marketing and social media campaigns in collaboration with game staff
• Creating creative and unique social media strategies focused on engagement and bringing the escape room concept online
• Innovating, developing and strategically planning fresh guerrilla marketing ideas
• Developing, maintaining and reporting on pay-per-click campaigns
• Using web analytics software to monitor the performance of websites and make recommendations for improvement
• Conducting keyword research and web statistics reporting
• Employing user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimisation methods to turn visitors into more active users and to help improve website performance
What type of person are they looking for?
They are looking for someone with quirky ideas and solid marketing experience. The successful candidate for this role will:
• Ideally be a Marketing, PR or Event Management graduate, however applicants from all degree disciplines are welcome to apply if they fulfil the criteria
• Have experience with aspects of marketing and/or promotions such as managing social media accounts, web design, or writing engaging PR content
• Have a good knowledge of both online and offline marketing strategies and emerging trends
• Be a creative thinker with bold ideas
• Be passionate about content writing and able to produce creative and compelling copy
• Be motivated, enthusiastic, and a team player
• Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
It would be great if you have the following, but don’t be put off applying if not!
• Experience within a marketing role
• A working knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO
• A working knowledge of WordPress
• Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop and/or InDesign
|Degree:||Be a graduate of any degree discipline|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Closing date:||Closed Sun 22-Oct-2017|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.