OK, so you’ve now Graduated, or are about to, and you’re realising that career opportunities are hard to find right?...
Communications Co-ordinator (Outdoor Industry), Band of Birds - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a role for a graduate with unbeatable enthusiasm for outdoor sports. You’ll love living in the Sheffield area for all the outdoor activities the city offers, and over the moon that there’s a job in the midst of it all! But, beyond your passion for cycling, climbing, running… whatever it may be… you’ll be a supremely organised graduate who wants to get stuck into key activities that keep the business operating efficiently and moving forward. And, of course, you’ll be interested in all things comms and social media!
What’s the organisation all about?
The business is Band of Birds, a specialist in the development and promotion of content driven communications campaigns. Combining in-depth research with creative ideas and high quality design, Band of Birds aim to give audiences a deeper understanding and insight into whatever subject they’re working on, through copywriting, design and publicity. With household names in the outdoor industry using their services, such as Rab, Wild Country and Lowe Alpine, as well as institutions such as the BBC, this is the perfect moment to join a thriving company. To find out more, visit: http://www.bandofbirds.co.uk/
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £15,000
Location: 1 Hartley Street, Sheffield S2 3AQ
Start date: August/September 2017
Length of internship: Seven months, with a view to securing a permanent role
What else do you get as a RISE intern?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the city, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and ongoing training programme with other graduates
across the city
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE13-29. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You’ll be working for a range of leading outdoor brands on their Communications activity, and broadly helping to keep the business functioning on an operational basis. Typical activities might include:
• Administrative activities like digital file management, arranging and
• Undertaking copywriting tasks for web, social media and press materials
• Responding to social media posts and developing discussions online
• Moderating online conversations; spotting and escalating issues via Band
of Birds communication channels. For example, highlighting customer
• Monitoring activity and trending topics
• Scheduling activities for colleagues based around key outdoor events –
making sure everyone is in the right place at the right time!
What type of person are they looking for?
To succeed in this role you must:
• Be a graduate from any degree discipline, though Communications,
Journalism, English or Business would be advantageous
• Be passionate about the outdoor industry
• Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing
and face to face
• Be extremely organised and have excellent time management skills
• Be keen to learn new skills and develop yourself, willing to get stuck into
new apps, products and move into new areas, and generally making
yourself an expert in anything that falls on your plate
• Have great attention to detail and, particularly, be able to identify and
• Be prepared to work out of hours, such as live reporting at an outdoor
• Be comfortable working with Tom, the office dog!
|Degree:||Be a graduate from any degree discipline, though Communications, Journalism, English or Business would be advantageous.|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Closed Sun 16-Jul-2017|
|Job ref:||GY/51795/RISE 13-29|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.