You can never know what you will be asked in an interview but going through a few practice questions before hand can help you feel confident enough to face whatever is thrown at you.
The team got their heads together in the Yorkshire Graduates office to think about the questions that we’ve faced in the past. Here’s a few that might be good to help you prepare for that important interview (we left the answers blank though – we can’t do everything for you!)
- What do you know about our company?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- How would you define this industry?
- What do you think the job will entail?
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you think you are suitable for the role?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
- If I were to ask a friend to describe you in three words what would they say?
- How has your degree prepared you for this career?
- What kind of salary are you looking for?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Who are your heroes?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take?
- Sell me this paperclip
- Tell me three uses for a tennis ball other than being a tennis ball
- If you could choose one super hero power what would it be and why?