Supporting Manufacturing in the Humber
University of Hull
Hull was highlighted in Cities Outlook 2009 as the city most at risk from the recession. Since that report around 4,000 more local people have lost their jobs in the manufacturing sector. Interventions are usually targeted at the lower skills level but the potential loss of Advanced Professionals is a key concern if the sub-region is to be equipped to compete in the more knowledge-based post-recession economy. This ECIF programme, therefore, has nominated 3 ‘champions' to focus on Advanced Professionals, Manufacturing & Engineering and Ports & Logistics as its primary audience.
The programme will provide a range of training and other support identified by the target businesses including:
- Individualised Support - dedicated mentoring supporting skills development, work-based learning and access to funding;
- Business Development Awards - tailored support for CPD, training, FDs, internships, two-way secondments and business assistance;
- Rapid Response Training - business survival, bespoke workshops, bite-sized provision, accelerated access to entrepreneurship support in the University's Enterprise Centre;
- Manufacturing Skills - access to high-level skills through the Professional Engineering Centre (PEC) and Institute for Chemistry in Industry (ICI).
Any businesses or individuals based in the manufacturing sector across the Humber can benefit from the programme.
Contact Bill Walker, Director of Knowledge Exchange at Hull University, to find out more, (01482) 464902, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Challenge Response
Leeds Metropolitan University with Hull College & Calderdale College
This is a programme available to individuals and organisations in the following sectors:
- Creative & Digital Industries
- Financial & professional Services
The offering to companies will include:
- Training Needs Analysis
- Masterclasses across a variety of subjects inculding management , business, project Management, Strategic Selling, Creative Enterprise, Hospitality, Leadership and Management, Innovation, Creativity & Change, Marketing.
Visit the website to find out more or Email: email@example.com