Trainee Accountant - Leeds
SPL Components Ltd
SPL Components Ltd was established in 1994 and has continued its rapid expansion to become a market leader in supplying components to UK furniture manufacturers. Whilst our customers include the leading companies in the sector, we pride ourselves on retaining a personal approach to all of our customers through our dedicated members of staff.
SPL Components Ltd are looking to recruit a graduate to join their busy and expanding business as a trainee accountant.
This is a full time, permanent role. We offer excellent career prospects and actively look to develop each individual so that they can contribute and grow with the business. As such, a significant amount of training is provided to the successful candidate (internal training will be provided immediately before the candidate is supported towards CIMA qualification).
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate a strong academic background, previous office experience is not essential and your degree does not necessarily need to be finance related. You will need to possess excellent IT skills and a keen eye for detail. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be highly determined, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
This role offers a great opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in finance.
The role includes working with the bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger:
• Posting bank receipts to the system and updating the receipts spreadsheet.
• Processing purchase invoices on to the system.
• Credit control, monitoring all debtors and chasing monies due.
• Making payments to creditors via the bank and processing these on the system and payments spreadsheet.
• Managing import payments and processing foreign exchange transactions.
• Assisting with cash flow statements.
• Reconciling and closing the sales ledger at the end of each month (training will be provided for this).
• As training is provided, the successful candidate will learn how to produce the management accounts.
As the finance department is closely linked to the purchasing department, the successful candidate will also work with this department to understand this aspect of the business:
• Assisting the purchasing department with the import shipments.
• Maintaining the import spreadsheet detailing incoming import shipments, the shipping date, the expected delivery date and the payment status.
• Learning stock control procedures, and the processes for re-ordering stocks.
• Real enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
• Determination to succeed in all tasks undertaken.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
|Skills & experience||
• Good numerical ability.
• A confident telephone manner.
• A good level of IT skills (Microsoft Office etc.)
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Advertised until:||Mon 05-Feb-2018|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.